This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the GTX 660 still a good card?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the GTX 660 still a good card?
2 years ago#41
protools1983 posted...
aak57 posted...
protools1983 posted...
I'll admit my mistakes in judgment but you guys telling me it's not possible to run Crysis 3 at 1080p at max and smooth for that matter are ridiculous. I absolutely can and have no reason to lie.

No, you cannot. You clearly just stated that you aren't actually running games at max settings. You aren't maxing Tomb Raider either. I have a 670 OCed past a stock 680's performance and I get like 40-50FPS in TR on actual max settings.

Stop saying you're maxing things when you admit that you are not running things maxed out.

I can max all games.

I can max all games too, but I can't run all of them at 60 fps. I run Tomb Raider with max settings at 49fps average.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
2 years ago#42
I only got a GTX650TI Boost and it runs all games out now on near max (stupid stuff that makes no visual difference down like highest AA, super complex shadows) at 45+ fps. To me this is perfectly acceptable. I would suggest buying the 660 or even the card I got since it is cheap then upgrade in a year or so, now really isn't the best time to upgrade in my opinion. Developers are going to start increasing specs soonish.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the GTX 660 still a good card?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived