This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name powers of video game characters that sound good but would be horrible IRL

#1ThePHiLsTeRPosted 7/31/2013 9:49:22 AM(edited)
Name powers of video game characters that sound good but would be horrible in real life.

The power of a personal forcefield such as Invisible woman's. It may protect you against bullets, projectiles. But it will not protect you from High impact trauma such as from a automobile or fall.

If you fall from high up, you won't hit the ground but you will hit your own forcefield at the same force you would have hit the ground. same goes for car.

Ok your turn.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#2ImMrMojoRisinPosted 7/31/2013 10:19:01 AM
Teleportation. Most people would screw it up and end up inside a rock or something.
#3ThePHiLsTeR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 10:19:48 AM
ImMrMojoRisin posted...
Teleportation. Most people would screw it up and end up inside a rock or something.

lol nice one or inside of a whale
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#4The_Mighty_QuinPosted 7/31/2013 10:20:55 AM
The power of having a 12-inch member.
#5SinisterSlayPosted 7/31/2013 10:23:16 AM
X-ray eyes.

Would give everyone cancer
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6GreenMage7Posted 7/31/2013 10:26:49 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
Name powers of video game characters that sound good but would be horrible in real life.

The power of a personal forcefield such as Invisible woman's. It may protect you against bullets, projectiles. But it will not protect you from High impact trauma such as from a automobile or fall.

If you fall from high up, you won't hit the ground but you will hit your own forcefield at the same force you would have hit the ground. same goes for car.

Ok your turn.

Invisible Woman's powers are broken and would be broken in real life. If she was falling she could wrap a force field fully around her body and then use her mind to slow her to a stop before she hit the ground. At the higher levels of her powers she can essentially fly. Not only that, but she can make force fields inside things and expand them until the object explodes.
#7Benjamin_ButtonPosted 7/31/2013 10:28:03 AM(edited)
That one power from that one TV show from that one superhero that went so hard the DJ didn't was if paper plates.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#8GreenMage7Posted 7/31/2013 10:29:50 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
That one power from that one TV show from that one superhero that went so hard the DJ didn't was if paper plates.

I like how you edited out the didn't. Makes perfect sense now. A+
#9ThePHiLsTeR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 10:30:13 AM
GreenMage7 posted...

Invisible Woman's powers are broken and would be broken in real life. If she was falling she could wrap a force field fully around her body and then use her mind to slow her to a stop before she hit the ground. At the higher levels of her powers she can essentially fly. Not only that, but she can make force fields inside things and expand them until the object explodes.

Yes you would also need ability to fly. But my point is if you only had the forcefield you'd be screwed.
---
#10The_Mighty_QuinPosted 7/31/2013 10:30:39 AM
Superman's powers.

I'd explain the issue but the Superman comics explain it quite well. Every time someone dies from violence, just remember you could've stopped it in a second.