This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name powers of video game characters that sound good but would be horrible IRL

#11ThePHiLsTeR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 9:32:48 AM
The_Mighty_Quin posted...
Superman's powers.

I'd explain the issue but the Superman comics explain it quite well. Every time someone dies from violence, just remember you could've stopped it in a second.

Then it wouldn't suck. It would be more powerful than portrayed in the comics.

What would suck is that it would be a 24/7 job and not only that every nano second you'd be busy. Takes definition ofa busy bee to a whole other level.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#12KillerTrufflePosted 7/31/2013 9:42:40 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
GreenMage7 posted...

Invisible Woman's powers are broken and would be broken in real life. If she was falling she could wrap a force field fully around her body and then use her mind to slow her to a stop before she hit the ground. At the higher levels of her powers she can essentially fly. Not only that, but she can make force fields inside things and expand them until the object explodes.

Yes you would also need ability to fly. But my point is if you only had the forcefield you'd be screwed.

No, he means she can effectively use her forcefield to fly. She can control her forcefield's size and position. She can move the position around. If she were falling, she could effectively surround herself with a forcefield going the same speed she is, and then slowly reduce its speed so she doesn't hit hard. Gradual changes. And she can "fly" by wrapping herself in a forcefield and moving it around, lifting herself along with it.

For my part, first thing that comes to mind is Hulk. It would get pretty expensive pretty quickly to be constantly going through clothes and having to buy new ones.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#13ThePHiLsTeR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 9:49:22 AM
I thought you were going to say expensive because you may destroy your house or car. Lol but you said clothes o0 I guess if you wear gucci, tom ford, and gater shoes etc lol

but yea invisible woman wouldn't be a good example because she's pretty powerful. If however, the power were simply to create a force field around you, then yea there probably be ways to be hurt. You wouldn't be invincible.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#14Knight2520Posted 7/31/2013 9:53:22 AM
Lol but you said clothes o0 I guess if you wear gucci, tom ford, and gater shoes etc lol

T-shirts off the rack are usually ~$20 each nowadays, and a pair of jeans ~$25-30. That adds up.
---
Is that the ship from Mass Effect? - ZanySniper on the USS Enterprise
#15Mudkip57Posted 7/31/2013 9:54:00 AM
http://www.cracked.com/article_20241_6-awesome-superpowers-that-would-suck-in-real-life.html
#16Rolen47Posted 7/31/2013 9:54:43 AM
Any power that makes you jump real high, since IRL gravity hurts.
#17MarceloSampaioPosted 7/31/2013 10:12:28 AM
FUS-HO-DAH!

One angry Dragonborn + FUS-HO-DAH = Cars flying around, houses destroyed, people being pushed in front of busses... and a TERRIBLE bad breath smell all around.
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#18Knight2520Posted 7/31/2013 10:13:40 AM
FUS-HO-DAH!

Not quite sure what this shout is, cause it's definitely not Unrelenting Force.
---
If AMD goes down Intel might safely release i9 for $300 and i7 for $200 and i5 for $100 and i3 for free. - su27Chaos
#19KillerTrufflePosted 7/31/2013 10:18:48 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
I thought you were going to say expensive because you may destroy your house or car. Lol but you said clothes o0 I guess if you wear gucci, tom ford, and gater shoes etc lol

but yea invisible woman wouldn't be a good example because she's pretty powerful. If however, the power were simply to create a force field around you, then yea there probably be ways to be hurt. You wouldn't be invincible.

Well yeah... if you screwed up your own stuff - or if the city charged you for everything you destroyed.

I was mostly thinking about the fact that every single time he transforms, there go his clothes. Depending on how often he got pissed off, he'd be spending a whole lot of money on clothes each month - even if they weren't designer. On the flip side, if he could control his anger, it would be fine aside from the stress of worrying about *if* he'll lose control at some point. That's a good bit to worry about. heh
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#20MarceloSampaioPosted 7/31/2013 10:19:34 AM
Knight2520 posted...
FUS-HO-DAH!

Not quite sure what this shout is, cause it's definitely not Unrelenting Force.

Small typo there. But you get the idea. :p
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)