This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name powers of video game characters that sound good but would be horrible IRL

#41SienrurouniPosted 7/31/2013 7:28:43 PM
Jackie Estacado's Power would suck. Gimme the comic version and I won't complain to much about being unable to die no matter what I do, but the games have far weaker immortality, snake heads floating around your shoulders, and the Darkness going out of its way to ruin your life at every point.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#42PhilOnDezPosted 7/31/2013 8:29:09 PM
Steve?'s ultra strength and backpack, you know people would be asking you to help them move constantly.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#43SnipeStarPosted 7/31/2013 8:34:29 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...
FUS-HO-DAH!

One angry Dragonborn + FUS-HO-DAH = Cars flying around, houses destroyed, people being pushed in front of busses... and a TERRIBLE bad breath smell all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGDhGsYoSA
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#44PinefruitPosted 8/1/2013 1:45:53 AM
I'm sorry, but what does ANY OF THIS have to do with PCs?
---
Currently playing: Path of Exile
#45spanishbobPosted 8/1/2013 2:42:13 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
Name powers of video game characters that sound good but would be horrible in real life.

The power of a personal forcefield such as Invisible woman's. It may protect you against bullets, projectiles. But it will not protect you from High impact trauma such as from a automobile or fall.

If you fall from high up, you won't hit the ground but you will hit your own forcefield at the same force you would have hit the ground. same goes for car.

Ok your turn.

If I woke up one day to find I could create forcefields, the first thing I would do is jump off a tall building using it. .

I'd actually play havoc. Forcefields across toilet seats as people attempt to do their business. Always win bets on the races by blocking the paths of other competitors with forcefields. No need for condoms anymore - forcefields around the eggs. Forcefield around cat allergy sufferers that allows them to visit cat sanctuaries. Forcefield around my boat so I can sail around off the coast of Somalia mooning pirates. The possibilities are endless.
#46ThePHiLsTeR(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 4:07:13 AM
Pinefruit posted...

Well if you read between the lines, what this topic is TRULY about is realism in games. We are putting together a bunch of ideas about super powers used in games and ways to improve the realism. This topic's purpose is to help video game developers.

Can't believe you couldn't see that in the first place. >.>
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#47MarceloSampaioPosted 8/1/2013 4:48:54 AM
Pinefruit posted...

LEAVE!

This is a gaming forum, its for us to have fun.

LEAVE NOW.
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#48RunetheKoopaPosted 8/1/2013 7:31:44 AM(edited)
Breathing fire. Why this is a horrible power should be obvious.
---
Not changing this signature until Spyro and Crash Bandicoot go back to their roots.