This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who feels Bethesda games are most deserving of written media?

#1Binba442Posted 7/31/2013 10:51:44 AM(edited)
I look in the TV/Movie/Game Tie-in section in Waterstones, (which is a British book retailer) and I see some stellar tie in novels, Icarus Effect (Deus Ex) Warhammer (At least 20 novels O_O) and Halo (A good 5 or so)

As far as I'm aware, these books really expand the lore of the series, to great effect.

So why doesn't TES or Fallout Have them? Heck, even Beth' Published games such as dishonored would thrive on other media. The only two legitimate reasons I can see is that it might break the lore of the games. Which in the case of Fallout, is hard to do. The world is a big place, following the adventures of a Man in post-war America can't be too hard?

Or Possibly that having a character made for them might ruin the RPG aspect. But it's a book, it could just focus on the lore, it's no matter. It's not like the games are unpopular. NV sold 5 Million copies, and Skyrim shifted an estimate of 10 Million+ as of July 2012, still shipping more today.

I'm no lore-nerd, but TES and fallout (Especially fallout) have worlds untouched, and stories untold, it seems a shame all this is going to waste :/
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#2Vicious VincePosted 7/31/2013 10:54:19 AM
There's gotta be TONS of fan fiction for the TES series. I know there is for the Fallout universe.
---
Behind this swastika,
Beyond the... crooked crucifix
#3wizardmonPosted 7/31/2013 10:55:41 AM
Vicious Vince posted...
There's gotta be TONS of fan fiction for the TES series. I know there is for the Fallout universe.

I hate Fallout Equestria so much ._.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#4MonkeymagePosted 7/31/2013 10:55:42 AM
Because Bethesda retcons lore every chance they get?
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#5Binba442(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 10:57:12 AM
Vicious Vince posted...

There is, some of it is great, some of it is spectacular. I'm not a big fan of ponies, but Fallout Equestria was the longest book I ever read, longer than "War and peace" and it was great.

All this talent could just be recruited, called "Official" checked through and published under the TES/Fallout Brand, though that is extremely controversial, as is fanficiton itself.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#6Vicious VincePosted 7/31/2013 10:57:36 AM
wizardmon posted...
Vicious Vince posted...

I have no idea what that is. It's weird that you entertain such a strong sentiment towards an inanimate object though.

Never been enough of a nerd to care about fan fiction of anything.
---
Behind this swastika,
Beyond the... crooked crucifix
#7Tyranius2Posted 7/31/2013 10:58:10 AM
TES lore is a joke.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#8Binba442(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 11:02:58 AM(edited)
Vicious Vince posted...
wizardmon posted...
Vicious Vince posted...

I have no idea what that is. It's weird that you entertain such a strong sentiment towards an inanimate object though.

Never been enough of a nerd to care about fan fiction of anything.

Tyranius2 posted...
TES lore is a joke.

It is, I do wonder how many people read the books in TES, I know I only read them hoping for a skill-level up >_>

I think it's all this Pony Stigma, if people think Bronies are shouted down at, (Some) Bronies Shout down at fans of Fallout Equestria, for making their show "Violent"

It's hate within hate.
---
#9matu90rkPosted 7/31/2013 11:02:11 AM
Tyranius2 posted...
TES lore is a joke.

This. I love the games, but their lore is so plain and generic... it's a good thing in the sense that I don't care about installing some awesome lore-breaking mods in Skyrim as much as I do in New Vegas.
#10ZukkusPosted 7/31/2013 11:15:12 AM
The only TES lore worth reading is The Lusty Argonian Maid.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss