This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
Name the games with the worst communities and explain why they are the worst
One ones with the most crude speaking language. The communities with extremely dirty mouths that not even the strongest detergents can clean. The ones with the most trolls, griefers that login every day to give you hell.
Diablo 2 had one of the worst communities.
1) There were scams everywhere. In fact I used to be a scammer myself. There's various tricks to jip the other player. For example in the trade window you put the right item you originally offered to trade. Then cancel the trade window and say oops, sorry did that on accident. Then put another item that looks identical to the original. The only way they can catch this if they move their cursor over the item to read description which a lot of the time they unwittingly don't.
2) You can go into a quest game and wreak havoc by using your pvp char to kill all the pve characters. Because basically the game gave you the ability to go hostile against other players.
3) There's a trick to get a player to drop all their items. It has to do with a quirk when picking up your body/items after you die.
4) Item drops were shared. When killing diablo, everyone basically huddled around him. Basically whoever has fastest connection will get a lot of the loot. In those days many people had 56k.
5) My friend was aggressively climbing the ladder. He got to the #1 spot in diablo 2 vanilla. Someone either hacked into his account and deleted his character or some traiter was amist.
6) The game even in its prime had botters, hackers, dupers. Any glitch that came out people were sure to capitalize on immediately.
7) There was no way to mule unless you had trusted friends to help you. Many a times people would trust strangers or drop their items off in town only to be stolen. Finder's keepers.
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
MOBA's like DotA and LoL. The community is ultra competitive and will rip you apart if you aren't amazing at the games.
Not changing this sig until Monster Hunter 4 comes out in US
Games which are competitive in general: fighting games, MOBAs, FPS games. They attract people with big egos who want to prove they are better than others. As a result, you get a lot of insults and poor sportsmanship.
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
MOBA's, to the point you can't be just playing for messing around, even with bots there's someone to rage at his team.
CoD has people who compare e-peens with each other, even if all of them suck.
Sony exclusives usually have people who can't accept that their favourite games are flawed. Nope, Uncharted and The Last of Us have both the best gunplay ever, best graphics ever, and GoW is amazing, work of a true genius. And they apparently hate games with QTE's. Irony at it's finest.
Can I haz cheezburger?
Sony exclusives usually have people who can't accept that their favourite games are flawed. Nope, Uncharted and The Last of Us have both the best gunplay ever, best graphics ever, and GoW is amazing, work of a true genius.
It's really weird to me talking to people who think this way. It's like they are living in a different world or something.
Maybe I just don't "get" what's fun about it... I've had a friend swear up and down how much he loves the Uncharted series... but it's just a massively linear third person shooter to me... there's no depth at all to it and the story although better than the average video game still doesn't hold a candle to an actual movie.
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
I really want to say CoD on XBL is the worst, because the way they act is just deemed acceptable by the rest of the community.
There are games with worse fringe players (dark souls, for example, has a larger than average cheating community that will troll low level players--love the game but it's true), but CoD has people spouting the most racist, sexist, and belligerent crap as a norm. Doesn't even matter if you're winning or losing, they'll keep at it lol.
I've never tried LoL, but from what I've heard it's the same.
All of these responses reminded me why I don't play competitive multiplayer anymore. It's just not worth it.
I DO play Minecraft and other games like Torchlight 2 with trusted friends which is a totally different experience, of course. I rather relax when I play video games, I guess I'm too old to keep up with the competitive multiplayer FPS and MOBA crowds.
EVE Online deserves a mention. It's a breeding ground of antisocial behavior.
League of Legends
Because nothing says bad community like a bunch of angry teenagers who hate everyone who isn't as good as them.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
So many of them are creepy fan-fic writing weeaboos that spend their time coming up with explanations why they think "OMG these 2 charakturs shood SO k!ss~~~ xD."
And they go so incredibly far out of their way to explain why the story is "so layered and deep and emotional~~~"
The gameplay of the first 2 games was fun, so I did play them. The story and all the characters however were so dumb and pointless but it somehow is like catnip for these "Otakus xD ~~"