This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name the games with the worst communities and explain why they are the worst

#11FlyinTonitePosted 7/31/2013 10:30:09 PM
a few pop into my head.

The smash community:

super smash bros was meant to be a party like game, with a lot of exploitation people were able to make melee super competitive. They piss and moan about everything wrong with the smash games outside melee because they are not like melee.

cod haters:

really hate these guys. Call of duty is a bad series now in that the series is stale as ****. The core gameplay is enjoyable enough (on consoles, for pc I much prefer battlefield) and personally I hate hypocrites who hate on a game then proceed to buy it anyway day freakin one.

sony fanboys:

Idk if this is a community as this is a pretty broad group but I hate these clowns. They spew specs like they know what they are talking about (gddr5 fiasco) hate on nintendo for at least trying to break the mold and hating on xbox fans because sony has "teh exclusives." Really just whiny immature brats... **** these guys.
---
Pc gamer/nintendo fan
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, sli asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 16 gb ddr3, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#12Devil_wings00Posted 7/31/2013 10:32:47 PM
Back when I played WoW it could be pretty awful. I remember one guy going off on a 20 minute long tirade in trade chat about how the holocaust wasn't real and essentially have the server explode in anger.

Also the general attitude that gear was more important then actual player skill so you would be booted from groups before you were even given a chance to prove you can handle whatever it was you were doing. This almost always happened in pugs for stuff that in no way required good gear to complete.

Honestly it was a lot like LoL is now with it's community back then. Maybe it's gotten better since I played but it could pretty unbearable some days. At least in WoW you could find a guild with players you liked and ignore a large portion of the awful community.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#13TowerBooks3192Posted 7/31/2013 10:52:38 PM
The defenders of Diablo 3. They know that Blizzard only wants their money and killed the series but they still defend Diablo3 and the RMAH. I also hate the argument they present that loots in games like Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile don't have real monetary value like Diablo 3. For me, games like those are to be played to have fun and not for the real money value of loots.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#14x_stevey_xPosted 7/31/2013 10:53:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15ajko000Posted 7/31/2013 11:10:15 PM
MMS, or Modern Military Shooters. TotalBiscuit coined the term, and I only watched him like three or four times. Just, this... No explanation needed.

MOBA, the communities ARE the game, there would be nothing without the players, and that's not a good thing in my opinion. The games aren't actual RTS games, or at least in the colloquial sense, and they employ pseudo-strategy when it comes to teamwork. Idk, I played Dota 2 for a few seconds and realized it's just about abusing the non-player aspects of the game. There's absolutely no depth, and it's all about the online social experience. Basically, if you don't play the game like a jock or popular girl (the bad kinds) in high school you're plain ****ed. Conform, abuse, or get out.

Pokemon, at least on GameFAQs, they're all either "The older the generation, the more it sucks! Take off your nostalgia glasses neckbeard!" or "The older generations are so much better, everything new sucks! Remember your childhood?"

Skyrim, they actually think it's a good game, but they never actually complete it 100%, so they often don't know the reason it sucks.
#16nintend0Fan46Posted 7/31/2013 11:24:31 PM
Dark Souls. So many elitists and "hardcore" gamers.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#17akuma634Posted 7/31/2013 11:35:30 PM
nintend0Fan46 posted...

People really get crazy defensive over the Souls games. It really does take long before the internet tough guys show up like a wolf pack and just stalk a topic all day long to try and prove why they think the Souls games are the greatest games ever made and that anyone who disagrees is a waste of sperm.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#18DaedalusExPosted 7/31/2013 11:46:45 PM
akuma634 posted...
People really get crazy defensive over the Souls games. It really does take long before the internet tough guys show up like a wolf pack and just stalk a topic all day long to try and prove why they think the Souls games are the greatest games ever made and that anyone who disagrees is a waste of sperm.

That's because Dark Souls is beacon of hope for modern gaming. It's an example of what all games should strive to be.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a waste of sperm.
#19_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/1/2013 12:31:08 AM
ajko000 posted...
Idk, I played Dota 2 for a few seconds and realized it's just about abusing the non-player aspects of the game. There's absolutely no depth, and it's all about the online social experience. Basically, if you don't play the game like a jock or popular girl (the bad kinds) in high school you're plain ****ed. Conform, abuse, or get out.

lol
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#20TheSchrefPosted 8/1/2013 1:03:28 AM(edited)
I played 3-4 CoDs, LoL, Dota, Dota2, D2, D3, SC2, and many more online games.

For me, nothing comes close to CS:GO. I made an entire topic complaining about it, that's how bad my experience has been with the people, lol.

-If you kill a guy, you're hacking.
-If you die, you're a noob.
-People spouting racial slurs for no reason. Just because they can. (This is my biggest problem with the community)

I recently started playing Competitive mode and the people are MUCH cooler, but casual is a total mess.

nintend0Fan46 posted...

From what I've seen, there are a lot of dbag elitists, but there are also a lot of people who didn't like the game for one reason or another and do everything they can to get a rise out of Dark Souls fans. Then the DS fans look bad, lol.