This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Frozen Synapse?

#11ZeraphLordSPosted 7/31/2013 10:41:34 PM
XxTwisted26xX posted...
Would you say Miami Hotline is tactical? That game was frustratingly hard yet fun at the same time haha. Oh I didnt know there was a demo! Waiting for Rising Storm to finish downloading then ill see if i can check it out :D

A little, in the sense that you have to be aware of the attention that your actions might attract, the points of entry you have to cover, the tools you have, and the order in which to dispatch your opponents. The speed at which it plays out forces you to make quick decisions on the fly.

The engagement in Synapse mostly comes from out-maneuvering your opponents through sneaking units behind your opponent's back, predicting where your enemy might try to attack you, and subsequently cutting them off. It's great seeing your predictions pay off, baiting your opponent into moves that make them predictable, or even getting shut down yourself.

It's especially great if you can find a friend to play with. The singleplayer is pretty bad.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#12Devil_wings00Posted 7/31/2013 10:44:57 PM
It's a fun game with quite a bit of depth. I haven't played it for a while but the multiplayer was dead and buried last time I was on and that was like a year ago.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#13Ultima_Weapon33Posted 8/2/2013 12:02:45 AM
Don't buy if you don't have an SSD imo. The load times ruin the game without it.
---
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA
#14fire2boxPosted 8/2/2013 1:55:59 AM
I thought I'd like it but I tried it and it wasn't for me. Decent game but I perfer drawing up action plans in Rainbow Six on the N64 then drawing a action plan and watch stick figures play it all out.

Hotline Miami to me is a lot like it, but all in real time.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039