This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got SSD?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got SSD?
2 years ago#41
Waiting for PCI Express flash storage to become the standard since it's around 3x faster than an SSD.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
2 years ago#42
snkboi posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
snkboi posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
SnipeStar posted...
not until the price/capacity ratio becomes more reasonable.. 1TB of ssd space is still an absurd amount of money

Yep. Once I can get a 1TB SSD for about 150 or less I'll get one then.

120/128gb ssd will eventually fade out with 256gb taking it's place at the same price point, i can see this happening next year

1TB ssd at $150 of less wont happen in many years, it's retailing at $700

Yeah I know. I have no use for an SSD anyways. Me having one will not really benefit me. I rather put that money on more ram honestly.

you'll get more out of a modern ssd than even the fastest ram available today

someone with a 128gb 840 pro and 8gb ddr3 1333mhz will have a faster rig than a 1tb 7200rpm hdd and 32gb ddr3 2000+mhz

Not for me. YOu're looking at a person who always leaves his computer and it might get restarted maybe once a week. I don' have any games with INSANE load times anyways. So as I say again I rather have the RAM as an SSD will not really benefit me.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
2 years ago#43
i'm surprised this many people don't have an ssd..even for $100 this is the best investment you can buy for you pc

all you need is a 128/256 dedicated to windows and programs..that's it

my pc boots up in 10 seconds
---
i think it's nice
2 years ago#44
Trance_Fan posted...
i'm surprised this many people don't have an ssd..even for $100 this is the best investment you can buy for you pc

all you need is a 128/256 dedicated to windows and programs..that's it

my pc boots up in 10 seconds

I grabbed my two 830's for 80 and 90 and I can't be more happy with them. I'm running them in raid and it's awesome.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
2 years ago#45
So does mine, on a 7200 rpm drive. God bless optimized SystemD booting. 256GB might be big enough to share between my two main OSes but that'd be about it.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
2 years ago#46
No, I AM A VERY POOR MAN, INDEED.
2 years ago#47
So does mine, on a 7200 rpm drive.

not even a 10,000 or 15,000 rpm hdd boots windows fully in 10 seconds..i'm not taking about first seeing the desktop screen, i'm taking about 10 seconds and i already have the internet browser open

this is windows 7 btw not windows 8 with the fake sleep bootup
---
i think it's nice
2 years ago#48
Trance_Fan posted...
So does mine, on a 7200 rpm drive.

not even a 10,000 or 15,000 rpm hdd boots windows fully in 10 seconds..i'm not taking about first seeing the desktop screen, i'm taking about 10 seconds and i already have the internet browser open

this is windows 7 btw not windows 8 with the fake sleep bootup

Yeah even with a 7,200 rpm drive it still takes over a minute or so to fully boot depending on how much junk you have in startup. I've seen it take up to 5 minutes before on some people's computers.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
2 years ago#49
The SystemD should've been a giant clue that I don't give a **** about Windows.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got SSD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived