This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you guys think about Minecraft?

#1Solidshooter24Posted 7/31/2013 9:27:50 PM
Still worth buying?
---
XBL: FGC Rosas. Add me for SF4! Also I have SF4 videos!
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FGCRosas
#2DerPancakePosted 7/31/2013 9:29:18 PM
No, the graphics are a turn off.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#3ThePCElitistPosted 7/31/2013 9:30:29 PM
Yes it is fun with friends.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
#4XxTrifuzzxXPosted 7/31/2013 9:30:33 PM
Extremely overrated in my opinion.
---
Dinner Tonight - Amir Blumenfeld
#5cody4783Posted 7/31/2013 9:30:55 PM
Moreso than it was back in the day, most likely.

When mods can let me set up automated mining facilities to carve out the literal entire underside of a mountian, build nuclear reactors and particle accelerators in my basement, and go on a crazed rampage with missiles and portable wormholes....And all without even leaving the same modpack. Yeah, it's worth it.

Even so, custom maps are everywhere, so you can download those for some story and RPG-esque adventure rather than the simplicity of shaping a world from nothing.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#6KaushadPosted 7/31/2013 9:34:30 PM(edited)
Minecraft. The game isn't a game, it is multiple games, all of which stem from the same area. Minecraft is a tool on which to make games, with them all being a game within a game on which other games can be made. With nukes obviously.
---
I stopped watching comedy on TV when I found the jimquisition and zero punctuation.
#7BogePosted 7/31/2013 9:37:04 PM
Minecraft is the core of what games need more focus on, world modification and building. However, there really isn't much else to it, so unless you have a building project, it gets old fast.
---
There is a reason why we learned to spell and punctuate when we were five years old.
#8KaushadPosted 7/31/2013 9:37:46 PM
Boge posted...
Minecraft is the core of what games need more focus on, world modification and building. However, there really isn't much else to it, so unless you have a building project, it gets old fast.

nukes and factories.
---
I stopped watching comedy on TV when I found the jimquisition and zero punctuation.
#9GhennkinsPosted 7/31/2013 10:16:27 PM
Mods, texture packs, resource packs (sound/music), and shaders make the game incredibly customizable so you can get your Minecrafts the way you want it.

You will burn out eventually...

I haven't touched it in months and I have it looking amazing, custom soundtrack and ambient noise, and tons of mods that add a lot of cool things to do.... but I'm just sick of it. Doing anything worth being proud of takes a lot of time without cheating and after a while, it felt like a 'work' simulator instead of a 'game'.

There are billions of videos on Youtube and if it doesn't look like something you'd enjoy... pass it. Maybe try cross stitching orcas instead.
#10KaushadPosted 7/31/2013 10:18:11 PM
Ghennkins posted...
I haven't touched it in months and I have it looking amazing, custom soundtrack and ambient noise, and tons of mods that add a lot of cool things to do.... but I'm just sick of it. Doing anything worth being proud of takes a lot of time without cheating and after a while, it felt like a 'work' simulator instead of a 'game'.

creative mode isn't cheating... Neither is voxel sniper or world edit. You can't cheat on a game that you can do anything with(well, in survival/hardcore you can, but not creative._
---