This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are SR2 and SR3?

#1King_of_GoatsPosted 8/1/2013 2:23:37 AM
I'm thinking about picking up the Humble Bundle pack. How are these games? Are the PC versions very good? How are the stories and gameplay?
#2someguyshandPosted 8/1/2013 2:26:11 AM
Games: Pretty good
PC ports: SR3 > SR2
Stories and Gameplay: SR2 > SR3

In my opinion.
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif
#3Moorish_IdolPosted 8/1/2013 2:27:34 AM
Haven't played 2.

SR3 is fantastic. I honestly can never go back to GTA after it. Never had any problems with controls or crashing or anything. Seems to run pretty much perfectly.
#4sauruschamp1Posted 8/1/2013 2:29:32 AM
Iv only played sr3 but its very goof think gta but does not take itself seriously and just turns it into a spoof and concentrates more on the things you like to do in an open world game ie shoot rockets from a helicopter at cars while flying throught the city. There is a good variety in the missions. Dlc wise alot of them are just extra codtumes etc but there is a couple of story ones which are very good ie one where you get super powers for a short time.

So the bundle is definitely a must buy if you dont already own the games in it.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian SteamID: Zarosio 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#5FeatherwindPosted 8/1/2013 2:43:39 AM
SR2 = great.

SR3 = horrible.

SR2 is probably the best AAA game I've bought this gen but really only Dark Souls gives it any competition. SR3 on the other hand is probably the worst and that title has fierce competition. SR2 > GTA: Vice City, SR3 < GTA4. SR3 is the worst sequel I've ever seen and I've played FO3, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, HoMM4, Oblivion etc.
#6akuma634Posted 8/1/2013 3:04:20 AM
It's a deal that is very worth it, at that low price there's no real margin for regret. As for the games SR2 was great but it wasn't without its flaws, it also has one of the weirdest fanboy followings I've seen. SR3 took it in the next logical step, it made things even more over the top and funny. For some reason this caused a divide among fans. It's the same as people who loved Crank and hated Crank 2 because how dare a Crank movie get that over the top! It's like what the hell were you expecting?

SR3 is IMO better than SR2 in nearly every way. The only things 2 did better would be the story was a bit more grounded, there was a different player customization system that allowed layers and a bit more stuff to pick from (3 is on a whole new engine and has different character models for men and women so it's all new stuff but some things are missed,) and I did like the mall in SR2 just because malls are so much fun to screw around in with sandbox games. Part 3 did so many things better. The game actually runs great on the PC and isn't a terrible port. The combat has gotten much better, the driving is better, there is more to do in the open world. Also in SR2 you had to do side activities to unlock story missions which got annoying, in 3 you can play it how you want and there's a respect system that lets you unlock new features and upgrade your character, you gain points by doing anything fun like driving on the wrong side the road, near misses, fighting gangs, stunts, and anything fun in a sandbox game. Haters gonna hate.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#7someguyshandPosted 8/1/2013 3:21:12 AM
akuma634 posted...
Haters gonna hate.

What an idiotic statement to make, this pretty much makes your post not worth taking seriously.
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif
#8Dark_SpiretPosted 8/1/2013 3:27:54 AM
their good stupid games.
---
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns
#9Mr kittyPosted 8/1/2013 3:32:07 AM
Sega Rally 3 is a tad bit better than Sega Rally 2. Have better graphic & physic.
---
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|10TB storage|Silent Pro M1000W|TC-32LZ800|Corsair 800D
#10reincarnator07Posted 8/1/2013 3:39:30 AM
2 was a terrible port, but it was fun, at least when I played it on consoles. I only played a couple of hours, so I don't have much of an opinion.

3 was excellent imo. It's similar to GTA, but totally silly and awesome.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero