This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are SR2 and SR3?

#11DieForMotherLandPosted 8/1/2013 3:41:51 AM(edited)
Both are good. SR2 has more things to do, and SR3 has a lot of fun missions (but the game can be a bit short though). And the world has no soul in SR3; the lack of inside areas is disappointing.

SR2's port sucks though. I couldn't start the game without crashing for a while.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara
#12Knighted DragonPosted 8/1/2013 5:08:17 AM
Games: Pretty good
PC ports: SR3 > SR2
Stories and Gameplay: SR2 > SR3

In my opinion.

This. My friends like SR3 better for some reason but 2 is by far and large a LOT more fun and enjoyable. 3 is pretty dumb and over the top with stupid crap. It's still worth playing, especially since Saints Row 2 is one of the hardest to run games in existence because of how big of a POS it is
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#13Ch3wyPosted 8/1/2013 5:15:30 AM
They're both great games and worth playing. SR3 is not a definite improvement of SR2, but it's still better in certain areas.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#14arleasPosted 8/1/2013 5:59:06 AM
Saints Row 2 is fun, but at least on my system I had to run a mod to slow the game down to the proper speed. It ran way too fast by default which made driving a huge pain. Also there was a part in the game where if I didn't skip the cutscene, the screen would turn black and stay black.

There's a mod that fixes that too, but I just skipped the cutscene.

Anyway, the GTA series went from a parody of real life to more serious, and the Saints Row series took it the opposite direction, from a parody of real life to OMFG SO WACKY YOU GOTTA SEE DIS!! LOL!! Neither one is a good thing really.

Anyway, most of my experience comes from SR2 which despite being a "bad port" is still a good game.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
#15leon_trunksPosted 8/1/2013 7:51:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16Krzd3vilPosted 8/1/2013 7:55:21 AM
saint's row 2 was a fun game with some silliness
saint's row 3 was a silly game
---
once you see this sig, you must copy it and make it your sig for 2 days
#17SnadadosPosted 8/1/2013 8:05:00 AM
Saints Row 2 was alright.
I am not 100% sure, but I think I remember constantly needing to farm "reputation" or something before you could do the next story mission.
What killed it for me is how awkward the driving felt.

Saints Row 3 is fantastic.
It starts out on a high note, falls off a little in the middle and comes back guns blazing towards the last 1/3 or so.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#18SzymaaPosted 8/1/2013 8:08:48 AM
As much as I loved SR3, the thing that kinda killed it for me was the lack of any sense of real progression.

Storyline-wise, you start out at the top, and you basically stay there. It makes the "journey" feel somewhat hollow. On the other hand, it also starts off Over-The-Top, and keeps going up in terms of bar raising each mission.

Most importantly, it's Fun. Something that GTA4 seemed to completely forget. Hopefully that changes with GTA5.
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves
#19ThePCElitistPosted 8/1/2013 8:16:24 AM
This is no different than any other game series. People who started with the latest version prefer it over the old ones while old fans prefer the originals over the newest one. I prefer SR3 because I started with SR3 and I enjoy it more.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
#20ElDudorinoPosted 8/1/2013 8:29:54 AM
Wow, there's really no consensus over which one is better, huh?

I greatly prefer SR2. Although Saints Row has always had a ridiculous story, I actually enjoyed it in SR2 whereas in the third game I was like "What the hell is all of this? And why did Shawndi turn into a stripper?" I hate that there's no progression in SR3; one of my favorite parts in these types of games is starting out with nothing, finding my first decent gun, working my way through cool upgrades and becoming a badass. That alone makes SR2 a way better choice for me.

SR2 just has a better feel all-around for me. I like the pacing of the game, the missions, the characters, and just the town itself better. I also like the music better. SR3 turned me off early on and I tried to play through it but after beating the first "faction" (not that many hours of gameplay) I burned out and ended up going back to SR2.