This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just started skyrim, any tips.

#1Mindbend8erPosted 8/1/2013 3:44:30 AM
Ive decided to give this journey a try. I am a redguard because I wanted to be a warrior and I like that he is resistant to posion. Im not real interested in using magic but im wondering if its a must if you want to beat the game. Any pointers on what I should be aware of when going though the game or how to build my character?
---
game tag - mindbend8r
#2Mystical_NEETPosted 8/1/2013 3:48:16 AM
Around Redguards, never relax.

Seriously though just play the game yourself, let things surprise you and follow your own instinct.
#3KURRUPTORPosted 8/1/2013 3:53:18 AM
A healing spell doesn't hurt to use in the early game. it will become less and less useful as you level but of you are going with a warrior build there isn't much else to spend mana on anyways. It basically will just lower down time between fights...it won't really be practical to use it during combat just stick with potions for that
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#4TowerBooks3192Posted 8/1/2013 3:55:52 AM
Ask no questions and dive blindly in to the game and get lost in it. Only ask questions when you are really stuck or for something really specific.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#5KURRUPTORPosted 8/1/2013 4:05:57 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Ask no questions and dive blindly in to the game and get lost in it. Only ask questions when you are really stuck or for something really specific.

This is also good advice for a first play through. It's a pretty straight-forward game and real easy to figure out. Since it's a single player game that you can change the difficulty of on the fly you don't have to worry about any kind of min/max build for your character or anything. Just pick what kind of warrior you want to make and go with a build that makes sense for it. Pretty much any kind of build is viable in this game and there are many different kinds of ways of going about combat depending on how you go about it, no way is right or wrong.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#6PigfartsPosted 8/1/2013 4:37:23 AM
1) don't get too cared away with making OP armor and weapons. The zero cool down shouts is good, infinte stamina is good. But infinite magic and one hit kill swords will ruin the game for you after using them for a few hours.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#7YuniuninuniunPosted 8/1/2013 4:48:05 AM
You can't mess up your build because there are no builds, you'll see all the game has in a few hours, mod it fast, or quit while you're ahead
---
Playing: RaiderZ, SMT IV, Virtue's Last Reward, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS FC: 0259-1323-3296
#8xero4887Posted 8/1/2013 4:59:19 AM
stay away from trying to create a mage like character. In skyrim you CANNOT create your own spells like previous version and there are no enchantments to increase your spell damage, all you can do is reduce your cast cost to 0. So as you level and enemies become more powerful you now cast 10 of one spell instead of 3 to kill something. It is not anymore difficult, just annoying.
#9DarkshowersPosted 8/1/2013 8:33:55 AM
Kill townspeople and run away into the castle playing a cat and mouse game with the guards.
#10Spidey555Posted 8/1/2013 8:37:35 AM
skyrim for pc worth picking up?
I have it for 360 and the expansion but have yet to touch the expansion
Wondering if I should just get it for pc.
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555