This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just got a booster pack for a game I haven't played for days and im not lvl 10

#1son_gogettoPosted 8/1/2013 7:10:03 AM
80/80 (or whatever that number is)
So yeah, I just signed into Steam and saw I have something in my inventory. Lo and behold it's a booster pack for System Shock 2. I haven't played that game since last weekend, and I'm only level 7. I thought the prerequisite was you need to be at least level 10, and you need to be playing that specific game to get the booster pack.
I almost sound like I'm complaining... I'm just confused?
---
(GT: II Lazer II) - (PSN: ME GOOSTA) - (Steam ID: lilylazer666)
(3DS FC: 4339-3035-7150)
#2Killah PriestPosted 8/1/2013 7:11:35 AM
I've yet to get a booster pack for anything but everyone else I know has gotten more than one.

I didn't think you needed to be playing the game tho, I just thought you had to be signed into steam and someone has to craft the badge for a game that you have all of the drops for.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3son_gogetto(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 7:14:28 AM
Killah Priest posted...
I've yet to get a booster pack for anything but everyone else I know has gotten more than one.

I didn't think you needed to be playing the game tho, I just thought you had to be signed into steam and someone has to craft the badge for a game that you have all of the drops for.

by "someone" do you mean a friend? If so that's pretty neat that a friend completing a badge gives you the chance for a booster pack.

I'm still just really confused how I've ended up with this. Ironically I sold my 3 system shock 2 cards the other day lol. OH WAIT! Unless it means the person I sold my cards to has completed the badge, and because I sold them the card it's given me a little bonus? (Wishful thinking really)
---
(GT: II Lazer II) - (PSN: ME GOOSTA) - (Steam ID: lilylazer666)
(3DS FC: 4339-3035-7150)
#4Killah PriestPosted 8/1/2013 7:21:48 AM
I think its anyone actually.

Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

doesn't say anything about a friend just says "the community"

still I'd have to have really piss poor luck to not have at least 1 booster already as I'm eligible for booster packs in 30 different titles.
---
#5Golden_GonadsPosted 8/1/2013 11:01:17 AM
I haven't got any friends linked to my Steam account and have been given two booster packs (Skyrim & M&B: Warband).

You don't need to be level 10 to be eligible, that just gives you a 20% better chance of getting one.
#6BDSMPosted 8/1/2013 11:18:35 AM
You don't need to be level 10, every 10 levels you get an increased chance of getting one for any of the games you've crafted badges for though.

I've gotten 4 so far I think. (current;y level 26 or so)

Only gotten a single foil card so far however. :/
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#7Mudkip57Posted 8/1/2013 12:16:28 PM
You don't have to have the badge crafted. You do need to have received all the card drops
#8Killah PriestPosted 8/1/2013 1:49:09 PM
Clearly I either have terrible luck or theres something shady going on behind the scenes.
---
#9Bossdog421Posted 8/1/2013 1:58:54 PM
Lvl 10 was required in beta to get foil drops.

No level requirements at all anymore afaik.

Just use up your drops and you get a chance to get a booster pack any time anyone crafts a badge.

I've got 4 booster drops so far. Been in since beta though.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#10AssassinDXPosted 8/1/2013 2:51:47 PM
Killah Priest posted...
Clearly I either have terrible luck or theres something shady going on behind the scenes.

Haha I was thinking the same, I'm level 10, log onto Steam daily to maintain eligibility and have about 15 games with cards (and most of those I've got the maximum amount of cards for playing the game) - and I've not yet had a booster pack.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Assassin_D_X
NAMI-SWAAAAAN!!!