This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

M-Audio AV 40 + USB Interface

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. M-Audio AV 40 + USB Interface
2 years ago#1
I originally owned a pair of AV 30, but they had heat issues, so I returned them. After more reading I came upon someone suggesting using them with one of the Behringer USB Interfaces(UCA 202/222, or UFO 202, don't remember which) to lower the heat, as the speaker won't have to use as much of it's own power.
I was offered the chance to get a pair of AV 30 or 40 for a huge discount with an audio interface, so I'm thinking of jumping on the deal, just wondering if anyone has had experience with these two products together, or a similar set up with Studio Monitors + Audio Interface for PC use, does the interface help reduce the heat? Not mixing anything, just listening to music, movies and gaming.
2 years ago#2
The heat will come from the amp, the DAC will produce very little heat if any.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
2 years ago#3
I think it's a bit different from a DAC?
http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=search&SearchTxt=Behringer+usb+audio&x=-1351&y=-72

The 3 products listed are the ones I mentioned. I'm not worried about them heating up, I'm hoping they will reduce the heat from the amp inside the speaker if I use a TRS.
2 years ago#4
Rheygar posted...
I think it's a bit different from a DAC?
http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=search&SearchTxt=Behringer+usb+audio&x=-1351&y=-72

Those are digital analog converters (DAC). I don't see how using TRS will help with heat, its just a connector. I actually own the UCA202 but use it for capturing the frequency response of my subs using a spl meter.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
(edited by WerdnAndreW)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. M-Audio AV 40 + USB Interface

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived