This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good action rpgs on PC?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good action rpgs on PC?

User Info: DarkfireAxel

DarkfireAxel
3 years ago#1
First or third person, doesn't matter. Something like Dark Souls, Skyrim (or Dragon's Dogma on consoles).

I don't like Diablo-like camera view from above, though...

Any suggestion is appreciated!
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening.
But heed his lesson well, Arisen, for when the weak court death, they find it."

User Info: Auron_59261

Auron_59261
3 years ago#2
Witcher 2
i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz [] HIS IceQ X^2 7970 |1200|1600|3GB| [] 16GB Ripjaws Z 1866 [] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [] 250GB Samsung 840 [] 2TB Barracuda [] CX 600 PSU [] H80i

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#3
Gothic 3
Mount & Blade Warband
Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall

Only things coming to mind at the moment.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#4
An Action RPG is what Diablo is. Get it right. Top-down view like in Diablo or Torchlight.
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
3 years ago#5
try Kingdoms of Amalur and Divinity 2: Developer's Cut
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: DarkfireAxel

DarkfireAxel
3 years ago#6
Already played The Witcher 1,2 and TES series, I should have mentioned that, sorry.

As for Diablo, I didn't say I didn't play it, just that I didn't like the top-down view.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening.
But heed his lesson well, Arisen, for when the weak court death, they find it."

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#7
DarkfireAxel posted...
Already played The Witcher 1,2 and TES series, I should have mentioned that, sorry.

As for Diablo, I didn't say I didn't play it, just that I didn't like the top-down view.

Then you want Warband, it is a perfect action RPG where you control your character completely, and your growth.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: CommonJoe

CommonJoe
3 years ago#8
SinisterSlay posted...
DarkfireAxel posted...

Then you want Warband, it is a perfect action RPG where you control your character completely, and your growth.

Yup.

I'd recommend playing Native (vanilla game) for a bit to get into the mechanics, then pick up a mod.

I'd recommend:

1257AD (Europe mod. 1.0 just came out. so its in a more or less finished state now, and ITS AWESOME)

Prophesy of Pendor (High Fantasy mod. For comparison, vanilla warband is low-fantasy)

Silverstag or Floris (For an improved vanilla)
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1

User Info: badboy

badboy
3 years ago#9
Try the Ys games.

User Info: BDSM

BDSM
3 years ago#10
Warband has some of the most satisfying melee combat to date.
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good action rpgs on PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived