This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok why exactly do people think Oblivion Goty Deluxe is terrible?

#11CommonJoePosted 8/1/2013 1:02:57 PM
DiviDude posted...
Blind Morrowind fanboyism.

I actually prefer Daggerfall over the rest of the games in the series, but whatever. There's always the people who come in with that tired bandwagon argument. Anyone ever says anything bad about any TES game (Even if its Morrowind) and out comes the Morrowind fanboy arguments, like they didn't lose all merit years ago.

But anyway, at least Morrowind took dumbing down and made a good game in the process. After Morrowind, they kept dumbing down but weren't making very good games anymore.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#12DiviDudePosted 8/1/2013 2:05:52 PM
CommonJoe posted...
But anyway, at least Morrowind took dumbing down and made a good game in the process. After Morrowind, they kept dumbing down but weren't making very good games anymore.

None of the TES games are good games. The "good" TES games are interesting worlds with paper-thin-spread RPG mechanics and an overabundance of fetch quests and chore quests. The "bad" TES games are uninteresting worlds with paper-thin action mechanics and an overabundance of fetch quests and chore quests. None of them prove to be anything special without a ton of mods. Bethesda doesn't know how to develop a good game, only a shell of a game wrapped in a good toolbox for others to fix. It's only the pretense of "omg RPG" that causes the less insightful to praise the earlier games and accuse the newer games of being "dumbed down," when really the supposedly high-brow aspects of the earlier games are really just shallow, pedantic, or pointless.

tldr: None of the TES games are all that good, so dumping on the newer ones is rather silly.
#13Incendia_IntusPosted 8/1/2013 2:12:16 PM
You're all wrong, Arena is the best.
---
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912
#14TiamatKillerPosted 8/1/2013 2:29:18 PM
People buy the TES games for reasons other than modding the s*** out of them?
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#15xanthan1Posted 8/1/2013 3:46:12 PM
DiviDude posted...
Blind Morrowind fanboyism.

Or preferring how the area Oblivion took place in was BEFORE they retconned into a generic as hell place? Or the level scaling being absolute crap with things like bandits in armor rare enough in the last game that only 2 suits of it could be found in total? The way they took crap out to squeeze it into a console release? The way they tried to have everything voice acted and instead ended up with crap like beggars switching to a different voice if you asked them almost anything? Seriously, they tried to do a game with everyone voiced and the game is just a massive of example of how NOT to do it. The removal of certain crap for no reason whatsoever? The extreme buggyness? The crap UI? I mean Morrowinds was bad but at least they let you change crap about it. The terrible AI? The horrible faces? Seriously, pick 5 random NPCs, chances are one of them looks like crap.

I'm sure it can't be ANY of that, no, it must be people who are fanboys and not people seeing that the game had a lot of problems.
#16kobalobasileusPosted 8/1/2013 4:12:51 PM
MrMonkhouse posted...
the storyline is far better than Skyrim.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... you're trying to tell us that a game with a worse story than Oblivion actually exists? How is that possible? Oblivion's story is, like 3 hours long, linear, and predictable. The only thing that makes Oblivion enjoyable narratively is the ridiculous number of sidequests.
#17GoIrish80Posted 8/1/2013 4:23:53 PM
I really don't see enough of a difference between the 2 to care much one way or the other.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#18RavenoussdPosted 8/1/2013 5:31:56 PM(edited)
again....for me, months after beating skyrim....i went back to play the morrowind's expansion packs i never got to play (as i had the plain morrowind on xbox) and i found my self having fun..lots of it

after beating those two expansion packs...i wanted to go back to skyrim and do some sidequests......oh my god it was so nerve wrecking.......constant bombardment of handholding BS

i couldn't enjoy it so i uninstalled skyrim

NO ITS NOT NOSTALGIA ROSETINTED GLASSES or whatever you guys call them

edit: oh and i play morrowind MODLESS so ya
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#19ninto55Posted 8/1/2013 5:34:12 PM
Ravenoussd posted...
again....for me, months after beating skyrim....i went back to play the morrowind's expansion packs i never got to play (as i had the plain morrowind on xbox) and i found my self having fun..lots of it

after beating those two expansion packs...i wanted to go back to skyrim and do some sidequests......oh my god it was so nerve wrecking.......constant bombardment of handholding BS

What are your thoughts on Oblivion?
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!
#20RavenoussdPosted 8/1/2013 5:40:42 PM
ninto55 posted...
Ravenoussd posted...

What are your thoughts on Oblivion?

oblivion is tolerable.....but even at the release of oblivion, the changes made was both good and bad.....but it was tolerable......i hold morrowind better than oblivion but oblivion was still pretty good....
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult