This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Razer Naga 2014

#1XeoldanPosted 8/1/2013 12:26:29 PM
Has anyone here taken a look at this? I'm highly tempted as I've been itching for a new mouse, and it does appear that they have made significant improvements over the older models.

I don't mind Razer mice, wouldn't purchase a keyboard from them though. My main issue is Razerzone's store and their significant shipping costs (~$12) for a $80 mouse! On top of it currently being back ordered! If I'm paying a notable fraction of the cost in shipping I'd expect it's available significantly earlier than I could receive elsewhere.

If anyone knows a common retailer where they might receive early shipments of the model or at least not gouge me on shipping I'd appreciate it!! (I've currently checked NewEgg, BestBuy, Walmart, and Amazon, along with a few others)

Thanks!
---
SteamID / GamerTag: Riftmarked
LoL IGN: Riftmarked
#2ein311Posted 8/1/2013 12:29:43 PM
Razer's new stuff always goes to backorder when it's released. This is par for the course.

Their new models do start rolling out to online retailers and some B&M stores about a week or so from release (from what I've noticed).

The new Naga seems to still use a completely laser sensor, which means it's probably still a twin-eye, which means people will still hate it for that very reason.

I have, however, been unable to pass up the left-handed edition I've been waiting on for over a year now. When I get it (after, yanno, the backorder balogna), I'll let you know how it is. Or not. Because i'll probably forget by then.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#3Xeoldan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 12:33:56 PM
No need to worry about telling me how you like it, as I'm almost certain I'll be purchasing one! The mechanical switches on the thumb-pad and the enhanced ergonomics of the pinky and ring fingers address my main gripes with the older models

I was just hoping for some insight on where I might purchase one, but with the release shenanigans I'll probably just get it off of amazon.
---
SteamID / GamerTag: Riftmarked
LoL IGN: Riftmarked
#4Nightmare2398Posted 8/1/2013 12:56:08 PM
ein311 posted...
Razer's new stuff always goes to backorder when it's released. This is par for the course.

Their new models do start rolling out to online retailers and some B&M stores about a week or so from release (from what I've noticed).

The new Naga seems to still use a completely laser sensor, which means it's probably still a twin-eye, which means people will still hate it for that very reason.

I have, however, been unable to pass up the left-handed edition I've been waiting on for over a year now. When I get it (after, yanno, the backorder balogna), I'll let you know how it is. Or not. Because i'll probably forget by then.

8200dpi means its the avago 9800 series laser i believe.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#5akuma634Posted 8/1/2013 1:06:08 PM
Unless they say "this new model will actually stand the test of time" I'd say pass on it.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#6ein311Posted 8/1/2013 4:48:44 PM
Nightmare2398 posted...
8200dpi means its the avago 9800 series laser i believe.

I hope so... that'd be nice. Combine that with disabling acceleration in Synapse and it shouldn't be a terrible experience! :D

I'm a die-hard lefty that uses the mouse in my left hand, so I haven't really used a Naga too much in the past (I bought one for an ex girlfriend and used it a few times...size was great but dat sensor) and I'm excited to finally be able to use one in my preferred hand.

akuma634 posted...
Unless they say "this new model will actually stand the test of time" I'd say pass on it.

TBH I'd buy a product from anyone that made those claims and had the appropriate warranties to back them up (like the garden hose I bought that has a lifetime replacement warranty).
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#7imowfacesPosted 8/1/2013 5:07:00 PM(edited)
I bought mine from Amazon. On Amazon I searched for naga 14 it came up so I just bought it from there. It was between this and g600, hope made the right choice.

Edit here's a link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E8CF268/ref=mp_s_a_1_cc_1?qid=1375405433&sr=1-1-catcorr&pi=SL75

---
3570k@ 4.8 | Maximus V formula | Swifttech H220 | Intel 520 180gb SSD | 8GB Gskill Sniper 1866 | Gtx 780 sc Acx (pic) >> http://i.imgur.com/i2SO91l.jpg