This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What can improve texture loading speed for Sims 3 and CIv V?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What can improve texture loading speed for Sims 3 and CIv V?
3 years ago#1
Better graphic card, faster HDD, or RAM?
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida
3 years ago#2
I have Civ V on an ssd. Never noticed any textures missing/loading.
3 years ago#3
State your specs and what settings you're trying to run the games at.
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
3 years ago#4
If you have enough RAM, SSD.

Civ 5 needs recent drivers. If you're using disk drivers for you GPU (as opposed to recent online ones), you may get the black texture glitch.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
3 years ago#5
Nobody else gets a bunch of empty gray textures when loading up a game of Civ V for the first time?
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
3 years ago#6
Snuckie7 posted...
Nobody else gets a bunch of empty gray textures when loading up a game of Civ V for the first time?

I only find it to be a problem if you load in a game where you've already cleared out a good chunk of the fog of war.
FC: 2921-9087-2265
3 years ago#7
I haven't played it much but I've never had any texture problems, whether new game or loading up a fully explored map. I've got Civ V Gold, 3570k (stock clocks), 8 gigs of ram, a 670, and it's installed to my 7200 rpm Barracuda. I assume it patched automatically to the latest version and I haven't modded it.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
3 years ago#8
Hmm that's odd. I usually play with a huge map size, so the gray textures/loading are always a problem for me.

I have 3GB of VRAM and Civ V is installed to my SSD too.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
3 years ago#9
I have everything maxed aside from that one setting that lets you zoom in further, do you have that enabled? I can turn it on and see what it does
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
3 years ago#10
Snuckie7 posted...
Hmm that's odd. I usually play with a huge map size, so the gray textures/loading are always a problem for me.

I have 3GB of VRAM and Civ V is installed to my SSD too.

Has AMD ever included multithreaded rendering support for the game?
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What can improve texture loading speed for Sims 3 and CIv V?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived