This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you have 8GB or less RAM, you might want to consider upgrading soon.

#11JackTheRimmerPosted 8/1/2013 3:28:46 PM
most PC gamers will never have enough video ram until 4gb cards become main stream. Expect to turn your settings down for a long time.
#12MrXGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:31:13 PM
Knight2520 posted...
He says the game heavily relies on Xbox One's cloud service to offload the memory use and it wouldn't be possible to develop without its cloud service.

Still, how are they going to deal with the high latency of the cloud memory? What are they offloading to it?

It uses dedicated servers that claim they will meet the demand and mostly physics and AI are offloaded to it. Both are pretty important to this game's uniqueness, so it will be interesting to see the spec requirements for PC and how it turns out for Xbox One. Still a silly decision though, there's no way I will ever buy a game on consoles that relies on cloud service. That means you probably won't be able to play it when new consoles hit and they shut down previous servers.
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#13romsnbombsPosted 8/1/2013 3:32:01 PM
Yeah, but we have RAM + VRAM. If PS4 version use 6GB, then I am using like 3GB VRAM + 3GB board RAM
---
2600k | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | GTX 780 | 700W silent pro
#14romsnbombsPosted 8/1/2013 3:33:21 PM
MrXGamer posted...
... and just check the Steam page for new games, here's 8GB listed for Lost Planet 3

Really, that means nothing. Rockstar said 8GB for L.A noir.
---
#15Lemur_HPosted 8/1/2013 3:33:24 PM
romsnbombs posted...
Yeah, but we have RAM + VRAM. If PS4 version use 6GB, then I am using like 3GB VRAM + 3GB board RAM

^ That man makes a very good point.
#16SinisterSlayPosted 8/1/2013 3:34:36 PM
8 gigs gives about 15 gigs of virtual memory.
I think we are fine. I've yet to even see a 64 bit game yet, let alone a 64 bit game greater than 7 gigs (last gig reserved for OS)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#17rainedownPosted 8/1/2013 3:42:02 PM(edited)
MrXGamer posted...
rainedown posted...
I would be extremely shocked if this were true, since most reports put the ps3 system use at 3.5g, leaving only 5.5 dedicated to the game.

The time is coming eventually, but I don't think the new consoles are going to jump start it.

Here's an article that said 6GB being used in PS4 games - http://gematsu.com/2013/07/rumor-update-ps4-5gb-ram-games
Some individual developers also commented that they're using 4GB or more already.

... and just check the Steam page for new games, here's 8GB listed for Lost Planet 3 -

http://store.steampowered.com/app/226720/?snr=1_4_4__105_1

That doesn't go against what I'm saying. For PC, if the game requires 8 gig ram, that's saying your system needs 8gig of ram. People with 8gig of ram are still fine.

And if a developer is using 4gigs on ps4, that still goes with what I said (up to 5.5).

The biggest thing we learned from that link is that the Xbox one uses 3gig of ram for system memory, as they mention using 5gig for the game and the xb1 has 8gig. Why they said the ps4 has 8gig as a comparison is beyond me, it will obviously use some of that for system memory, and given that xb1 uses 3gig the 3.5gig reports for ps4 sound reasonable.

::edit:: to clarify, it's not going over 6gig of ram that I think is going to take a while still, but requiring over 8gigs as the title says.
#18MrXGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:45:43 PM
romsnbombs posted...

But if you use that logic, there are infinite games out now that recommend 4GB besides your VRAM. That's because 1-2GB of those are used by OS and the games end up using the remaining 2-3GB (not vram). Same will be done with new ports from PS4/Xbox One, except that it will be higher.

romsnbombs posted...
MrXGamer posted...
... and just check the Steam page for new games, here's 8GB listed for Lost Planet 3

Really, that means nothing. Rockstar said 8GB for L.A noir.

LA Noire was a horrible port, hardly any upgrades for PC version at all. It only looked "sharper" than console versions, but not graphically better. So they made up that bs, but the upcoming next-gen games are the real deal. I guess LP3 is still a bad example... I don't know how they will up the quality from PS3/360 version, but games like Titanfall and Dying Light are built up from scratch for next-gen hardware in mind. Their scope of level designs will be much higher.
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#19romsnbombsPosted 8/1/2013 3:53:46 PM(edited)
MrXGamer posted...
<and the games end up using the remaining 2-3GB (not vram)

More like 1-2GB of board memory used. And often just 1GB of VRAM, even with highest res textures.
---
#20Killah PriestPosted 8/1/2013 3:53:57 PM
reassurance topic
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.