This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can i get rid of physical copies of games that are linked to my Steam account?

#1LiQuiDsWorDs56Posted 8/1/2013 3:55:30 PM
I have a few disc based games that I used the serial keys on steam. Can I just just rid of them entirely or will I need to save that serial key if anything happens in the future?
---
i7-930@3.5GHz l Asus P6X58D-E l EVGA SC Titan l 12gb Dominator l AX850 PSU l H100i l 6Tb 7,200 rpm l 256gb Samsung Pro I BD Drive l 900D I Alienware Optx
#2Killah PriestPosted 8/1/2013 3:58:26 PM(edited)
I wouldn't throw them out but its safe to put them out of sight.

but yes I guess you could. When I register that key it just downloads from steam anyways... don't even know why they give you the disc.

You could probably use a picture of something like that to prove ownership of a steam account if someone stole it or you lost your password or something, I know they used to allow that.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3LiQuiDsWorDs56(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 4:00:25 PM
Killah Priest posted...
I wouldn't throw them out but its safe to put them out of sight.

but yes I guess you could. When I register that key it just downloads from steam anyways... don't even know why they give you the disc.

You could probably use a picture of something like that to prove ownership of a steam account if someone stole it or you lost your password or something, I know they used to allow that.

Thanks. Ill never buy a disc again unless its a game not on steam or origin. In the closet they go!
---
i7-930@3.5GHz l Asus P6X58D-E l EVGA SC Titan l 12gb Dominator l AX850 PSU l H100i l 6Tb 7,200 rpm l 256gb Samsung Pro I BD Drive l 900D I Alienware Optx
#4donbrifwayPosted 8/1/2013 4:01:53 PM
you can throw them away but disc installs are faster usually depending on your internet connection. plus you still have to download any updates.
---
Steam: donbrifway
Xbox: donbr1fway