This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm in the market for a new smartphone. What do you guys use/recommend?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm in the market for a new smartphone. What do you guys use/recommend?

User Info: Jprime666

Jprime666
3 years ago#1
Bought an iPhone 4 back when it came out. It served me well, but it's time for something new.

I've been considering sticking with apple, but the galaxy s4 looks nice too. Is it a worthwhile upgrade to the s3?

Help meh?
How many emotions is people?

User Info: PBrodeur

PBrodeur
3 years ago#2
Note 2! Can browse these boards comfortably!
FX8350 @ 4.5Ghz / ATI Sapphire 7870XT OCed / Patriot 64GB SSD / 2X1TB Hitachi 7200 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / 12GB DDR3 ADATA / 750W C-Master GX / Corsair 300R

User Info: Kalammer

Kalammer
3 years ago#3
I bought an HTC One a few weeks ago over both the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4. The main points that put it ahead were the screen and the feel. Unlike the plastic S4, it actually felt like it would hold up to a contract period of abuse. The screen was about perfect for my hand size, any bigger or smaller would just feel awkward.

The speakers are a nice plus, and while not audiophile quality, they sound a lot better then one might expect from a phone.

The only downside I've dealt with is the death grip issue, the trade-off that comes with an aluminium shell, but using just about any case will solve that.

The only other thing I would nitpick is the slow rollout of Android 4.2.2, but that's hardly a deal breaker.
"My job isn't to offer help in the way that you mean." - Boogiepop

Jprime666
3 years ago#4
Alright thanks guys. I'll look into those as well.

User Info: r7gerrabbit

r7gerrabbit
3 years ago#5
S4, Xperia Z, HTC One

Pick one.
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif

User Info: Backlog

Backlog
3 years ago#6
iPhone 5
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 670 | 8GB 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H | 1TB HDD |
Gamertag: The Evil Zombie / PSN: invincibleonion

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
3 years ago#7
Backlog posted...
iPhone 5

LAWL

Back on topic, I have a Note II. It's a decent phone, the screen size is its main selling point. Plus, it has a stylus!
PS4 preordered! X1 Day 1 preordered!
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB

User Info: BigAl519

BigAl519
3 years ago#8
Just got a nexus 4. Really like it so far. Fast and nice big screen!
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!

Jprime666
3 years ago#9
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Backlog posted...
iPhone 5

LAWL

Back on topic, I have a Note II. It's a decent phone, the screen size is its main selling point. Plus, it has a stylus!

Doesn't a stylus imply a resistive touchscreen. I don't know if I'd was that for a phone. Had a phone with a resistive screen before and I didn't like it.

User Info: Knight2520

Knight2520
3 years ago#10
I like my Razr Maxx, but I think it's a Verizon exclusive. Not sure if that's applicable to you. It is also a year old at this point, but I think there's a new model.
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm in the market for a new smartphone. What do you guys use/recommend?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived