This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rage question

#1Devil_wings00Posted 8/1/2013 7:18:31 PM
I know I should probably post this in the rage fourms but I'm going to take a wild guess that those are quite dead at this point considering the game wasn't the most beloved and it's almost 2 years old now.

Ok so I grabbed it for 5 bucks on the quakecon sale today and I've been trying to make it NOT look like utter garbage (seriously it looks UGLY) so I created a rageconfig.cfg to tweak it but it doesn't appear to be doing anything.

Yes it's a true .cfg and not a cfg.txt so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

As it stands the game uses about 25% of my GPU's power and doesn't look good at all. I really want this CFG file to work because apparently once it does it is a much better looking game.

Anyone have experience in here using the rageconfig.cfg?
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#2ZukkusPosted 8/1/2013 7:22:40 PM
You're never going to get it look good. Jagged edges will always be abound, and things with always looked ridiculously muddy up close.

Megatextures are the way of future, right?
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#3Devil_wings00(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 7:25:05 PM
Still I want it to do SOMETHING.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#4ShebeskiiPosted 8/1/2013 7:25:34 PM
Zukkus posted...
You're never going to get it look good. Jagged edges will always be abound, and things with always looked ridiculously muddy up close.

Megatextures are the way of future, right?

I don't know about jagged edges, the AA works fine.

You can't fix the muddy textures up close. Just play the game.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens