This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many disc-based vs digitally downloaded PC games do you own?

#31SuperVegito2487Posted 8/2/2013 12:20:53 AM
digital download

Isnt that a bit redundant??

or is it just a way to distinguish between legitimately downloaded games, and pirate downloads?

nonetheless on topic for the games i OWN for pc i think its... 3 or 4 (3 newer gen ive bought while i live where i live now, but i think 6 overall) vs a small collage on steam.

those 6 games are
harry potter quidditch world cup, and year 3
lego star wars 2

those 3 i dont have with me, they are back at my parents house, and was bought for my moms desktops.

batman arkham asylum and arkham city + warcraft 3 (all 3 in their goty editions, or... not sure if W3 has goty but its both the original and tft, as for the other 2 thats goty and with all dlc) are bought for my current laptop, which i might get rid of to get a desktop (the graphics card difference between desktop and laptop seems pretty fricking huge and my dad is better on this subject than myself)

ON steam however i had a litte bit of money to use so i got the valve pack a while back.
---
Adam Savage: LET'S PILLAGE
Tory Bellici: I don't think that's legal in California
#32BDSMPosted 8/2/2013 12:35:34 AM
DerPancake posted...
BDSM posted...
BDSM posted...
Digital: 230+ on steam alone as well as other stand alone downloads.

Disc: I still have my Age of Mythology box.

Update to that.

My Steam library now sits at just over 270, having gone up since my last posting.

Yeah.

Whats the need for all those games? I don't think you will have time for all of them.

Well, first off, my personal philosophy in life is that most things fall into the category of need or desire.

Some can fall into both, some none.

As a quick example: We NEED food to survive. This is a simple fact. You may DESIRE steak and lobster, but do not explicitly need it.

So, first and foremost, I do not need any of them. I simply desire them.

As for the reason behind that, I justify their purchase with the same reason i justify every single action I have ever taken.

Because I can.

Also, I'm up to 299 since my last post.

Going to go pick something nice for 300.
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#33LoneCourier2281Posted 8/2/2013 1:04:19 AM
I have like 20 digital and only three discs.
---
Currently playing Lunar: Dragon Song, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Fallout: New Vegas.
#34greywolf00Posted 8/2/2013 1:08:46 AM
I'd say about 250 digital PC games. Probably somewhere in the 100-150 range of physical PC games going back to DOS disks. Number of physical games is well over 400 if console stuff is included.
#35Golden_GonadsPosted 8/2/2013 2:08:54 AM
About 200 on disc, and 300 digital. Though there's probably about 50 I own both disc & digital.

Of all these, I payed full price for one.
#36kesahPosted 8/2/2013 2:17:32 AM
170 ish games on steam.

Discs over my lifetime I couldn't even begin to count, currently I have about 15. The ones I cared to keep and were available on steam, I purchased there, otherwise kept the disc. Everything else has been handed off to friends/family over the years as I no longer needed it.
#37KalammerPosted 8/2/2013 2:37:18 AM
Around a hundred digital, and I have no idea on the number of games I have on physical media, as I haven't looked through them in about 6 years now.
---
"My job isn't to offer help in the way that you mean." - Boogiepop
#38maybecallsPosted 8/2/2013 2:39:08 AM
I've bought 10 games from Steam, and have about 35 games on disc. Some of the disc games just install to Steam. I have 6 games that require the disc to be in the drive during play.
#39NewavePosted 8/2/2013 3:01:44 AM(edited)
many hundred disc-based and a few hundred free digital downloads

zero purchased digital downloads

I guess I can also add I've never ever used Steam or anything even remotely like it and I never ever will

---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV, PS4
#40Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 8/2/2013 3:02:40 AM
7 or 8 disc-based (depending on whether or not you count the one that I'm missing one of the discs for and can't play), about 300 digital.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html