This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Doom 3...scary as ****. FEAR.... not scary?

#41romsnbombsPosted 8/5/2013 2:27:25 AM
spardasieg posted...
I made the mistake of getting BFG edition, the gun effects are terrible, I cant stand the sound in this game, also looks pretty bad compared to regular doom 3 modded.

Set the brightness at the lowest setting, set the LOD bias at the lowest setting (you may have thought running it at the highest setting was the thing to do, but it's not, the higher you put it the more blurred distant objects look), run AA @ 4x (16x in particular can look blurred)
---
2600k | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | GTX 780 | 700W silent pro
#42spardasiegPosted 8/5/2013 8:24:02 AM
romsnbombs posted...
spardasieg posted...
I made the mistake of getting BFG edition, the gun effects are terrible, I cant stand the sound in this game, also looks pretty bad compared to regular doom 3 modded.

Set the brightness at the lowest setting, set the LOD bias at the lowest setting (you may have thought running it at the highest setting was the thing to do, but it's not, the higher you put it the more blurred distant objects look), run AA @ 4x (16x in particular can look blurred)

I find the sound the most offensive part of the game, feels like the guns have no impact, thats truely the real problem sadly....its also way to slow compared to old doom, game just pisses me off as a whole, I use to love ID, to me Rage is a better game even.
---
My Photography and such: http://insidemyeyes.aminus3.com/ (I take pictures of unsuspecting people and inanimate objects for funsies mostly.)
#43KillerTrufflePosted 8/5/2013 8:26:28 AM
I didn't find Doom 3 scary... I found it tedious and dull. Didn't even hold my interest enough to finish it. FEAR wasn't so scary either, but it did a better job that Doom 3 IMO.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#44Fade2black001Posted 8/5/2013 5:38:03 PM
TheAnalogKid06 posted...
BlackMantis posted...
Dead Space beats them both.

Amnesia beats all of these.

Do you really think so? That game is not scary at all. You must be one of them really easy to scare types then.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.