This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else like me who doesn't care about steam cards

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody else like me who doesn't care about steam cards
3 years ago#11
you dont have to play ****. leave the game idling and in 1-2hours youll have all the cards. Worse case scenario it might take 3-4hours.10-20cents per card isnt much but when you have over a 100 cards for various games you own it adds up pretty considerably. Since they introduced this card system iv made around $60 in my steam wallet through the cards, booster packs, foils and extra stuff. While thats not much in several months, that money did pay for my summer sale games. of which i bought about 14 games with it. Its just a nice little extra.
---
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns
3 years ago#12
don't give 2 craps about cards

achievements i like though..and it bums me out when i want to mod some games but the mods require me to launch the game outside of steam and lose my 'chieves
3 years ago#13
Dark_Spiret posted...
Worse case scenario it might take 3-4hours.

Ugh I really wish that was the case for me.

I have not played any of these games except an hour of Awesomenauts.

Awesomenauts 13 hours - 2 cards left
Gratuitous Space Battles 13 hours - 1 card left
Organ Trail 19 hours - 1 card left (yep, 19 freaking hours)
Scribblenauts 11 hours - 1 card left

These are my final games to get cards with. Then I just need to check every day or so for new games added. Then I should have damn near enough to pay off Castlevania.
3 years ago#14
AnatomyHorror posted...
Dark_Spiret posted...
Worse case scenario it might take 3-4hours.

Ugh I really wish that was the case for me.

I have not played any of these games except an hour of Awesomenauts.

Awesomenauts 13 hours - 2 cards left
Gratuitous Space Battles 13 hours - 1 card left
Organ Trail 19 hours - 1 card left (yep, 19 freaking hours)
Scribblenauts 11 hours - 1 card left

These are my final games to get cards with. Then I just need to check every day or so for new games added. Then I should have damn near enough to pay off Castlevania.

Are you trying to idle them simultaneously? Run one at a time and you should have them all within 2 hours (one every 20-30 mins). I cleared my 331 game backlog doing that real quick.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
3 years ago#15
Been running one a time for about the past 24 hours.

Here's something I've noticed. Get games down to 1 card. (I have 6 games at 1 card). I then ran 3 games at once. About 20min later I got the last card for all 3 games simultaneously. I dunno it's weird. I've done this with some other 1 carders too.

I only have 3 cards left to get and I'm done with my catalog thankfully. Unless they add more games today or w/e. Yesterday they added Deadlight and I was a bit late but still got about 25c for each pretty much.
3 years ago#16
yea im not going to download every game in my library just so i can leave it idle and earn $1 worth of cards.

waste of bandwidth.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
3 years ago#17
I DL'd 50gb the other day so I could go through them idling.

Finally finished the cards. Got roughly $38. 1 Foil card out of 217 is a joke though.
3 years ago#18
As long as some dummies are willing to buy the cards that get randomly put in my inventory for no apparent reason, I'm cool with it.
3 years ago#19
I care that other people care about the Steam trading cards, and buy the ones i sell.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
3 years ago#20
I don't care, I don't even know what the point of them is or how to get them. To be perfectly honest I'd like to keep it that way.

As far as I know the only point of them is to make your steam-peen longer... which apparently is pretty important to quite a few people.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody else like me who doesn't care about steam cards

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived