This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else like me who doesn't care about steam cards

#11Dark_SpiretPosted 8/2/2013 2:31:22 AM
you dont have to play ****. leave the game idling and in 1-2hours youll have all the cards. Worse case scenario it might take 3-4hours.10-20cents per card isnt much but when you have over a 100 cards for various games you own it adds up pretty considerably. Since they introduced this card system iv made around $60 in my steam wallet through the cards, booster packs, foils and extra stuff. While thats not much in several months, that money did pay for my summer sale games. of which i bought about 14 games with it. Its just a nice little extra.
---
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns
#12x_stevey_xPosted 8/2/2013 2:44:46 AM
don't give 2 craps about cards

achievements i like though..and it bums me out when i want to mod some games but the mods require me to launch the game outside of steam and lose my 'chieves
#13AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/2/2013 2:55:13 AM(edited)
Dark_Spiret posted...
Worse case scenario it might take 3-4hours.

Ugh I really wish that was the case for me.

I have not played any of these games except an hour of Awesomenauts.

Awesomenauts 13 hours - 2 cards left
Gratuitous Space Battles 13 hours - 1 card left
Organ Trail 19 hours - 1 card left (yep, 19 freaking hours)
Scribblenauts 11 hours - 1 card left

These are my final games to get cards with. Then I just need to check every day or so for new games added. Then I should have damn near enough to pay off Castlevania.
#14ZeraphLordSPosted 8/2/2013 4:09:17 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Dark_Spiret posted...
Worse case scenario it might take 3-4hours.

Ugh I really wish that was the case for me.

I have not played any of these games except an hour of Awesomenauts.

Awesomenauts 13 hours - 2 cards left
Gratuitous Space Battles 13 hours - 1 card left
Organ Trail 19 hours - 1 card left (yep, 19 freaking hours)
Scribblenauts 11 hours - 1 card left

These are my final games to get cards with. Then I just need to check every day or so for new games added. Then I should have damn near enough to pay off Castlevania.

Are you trying to idle them simultaneously? Run one at a time and you should have them all within 2 hours (one every 20-30 mins). I cleared my 331 game backlog doing that real quick.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#15AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/2/2013 4:16:03 AM
Been running one a time for about the past 24 hours.

Here's something I've noticed. Get games down to 1 card. (I have 6 games at 1 card). I then ran 3 games at once. About 20min later I got the last card for all 3 games simultaneously. I dunno it's weird. I've done this with some other 1 carders too.

I only have 3 cards left to get and I'm done with my catalog thankfully. Unless they add more games today or w/e. Yesterday they added Deadlight and I was a bit late but still got about 25c for each pretty much.
#16Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 7:33:43 AM
yea im not going to download every game in my library just so i can leave it idle and earn $1 worth of cards.

waste of bandwidth.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#17AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/2/2013 7:42:34 AM(edited)
I DL'd 50gb the other day so I could go through them idling.

Finally finished the cards. Got roughly $38. 1 Foil card out of 217 is a joke though.
#18DiviDudePosted 8/2/2013 7:44:12 AM
As long as some dummies are willing to buy the cards that get randomly put in my inventory for no apparent reason, I'm cool with it.
#19claytonbuckleyPosted 8/2/2013 7:44:19 AM
I care that other people care about the Steam trading cards, and buy the ones i sell.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#20KURRUPTORPosted 8/2/2013 7:54:08 AM
I don't care, I don't even know what the point of them is or how to get them. To be perfectly honest I'd like to keep it that way.

As far as I know the only point of them is to make your steam-peen longer... which apparently is pretty important to quite a few people.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.