This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I would ask on the CSGO board, but it's kind of dead.

#1TheSchrefPosted 8/2/2013 1:23:34 AM
How can you tell for sure if someone is hacking and can anything be done about it?

It's so hard to tell if someone is hacking. One round, this guy couldn't hit me if I was standing still in front of him and the next he runs up middle and headshots 3 people before we can react.

He had a picture of himself like he was a pro player or something, so maybe he is actually good? I'm sort of leaning toward him being a hacker. No pro player is that inconsistent. We still managed to beat him somehow...
#2GunSlinger092Posted 8/2/2013 2:18:33 AM
Go spectate the player.

If his crosshair is following you through the walls, before you even appear in front of him, then most likely he's wallhacking.

If his crosshair just snaps to the head of an enemy in an instant, then proceeds to one shot all of you with headshots within like a second, then he might be aimbotting. Do note that it can sometimes be a bit difficult to determine if someone is hacking, or if the guy is just good.

It could also be a mixture of both. One sign of a hacker is, his screen unusually shakes so fast, to the point that it's impossible for a normal person to do that.

I don't know how to handle these in CS:GO servers, especially in matchmaking. But on community servers, just report it to the server admins, then they'll handle the rest.
---
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Gigabyte HD 6870 / Corsair CX 600V2 / 12GB RAM / Corsair Carbide 400R
1TB WD Black / 500GB Barracuda / 80GB Caviar SE
#3x_stevey_xPosted 8/2/2013 2:59:22 AM(edited)
sometimes when i get bored i like to log into csgo and run up to people and let them kill me. i find it humorous how badass people think they are when i run up to them unarmed and they kill me. i like to see how long it takes them to kill me. sometimes it's quite embarrassing for them as i'll run up to them without shooting or while shooting at the ceiling/floor and it will take them like 10 seconds to put me down.

then sometimes i'll actually try and kill everyone on their team just to embarrass them even more in case they actually thought they were pwning me.

that guy you encountered might have been doing some similar stupid thing
#4blade6321Posted 8/2/2013 3:07:15 AM
If you were all in plain view, chances are he just did some good shooting there.

I always presume people aren't hacking, but if someone's pulling off ridiculous shots, just report them and move on.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.