This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

should i try elder scrolls oblivion?

#1UberhaxornewbiePosted 8/2/2013 6:23:26 AM
Played my bro's skyrim and I didn't like it much.
Will this one be any better?
I am interested in it.
#2Binba442Posted 8/2/2013 6:24:40 AM
It's better in some ways, yes.

Don't buy it now, unless:

1. You see it second hand in a store for ~5-10$ Most.

2. It's on 50% or more sale. Currently on 25%. May go down more.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#3aak57Posted 8/2/2013 6:25:00 AM
Depends on why you didn't like skyrim, but given that, chances are pretty low you'd like oblivion.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#4Uberhaxornewbie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 6:32:46 AM
aak57 posted...
Depends on why you didn't like skyrim, but given that, chances are pretty low you'd like oblivion.

It's hard to explain but skyrim doesn't really click for me.
#5Ch3wyPosted 8/2/2013 6:35:03 AM
Uberhaxornewbie posted...
aak57 posted...

Then just do some drugs or get drunk or something it should click then.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#6MarceloSampaioPosted 8/2/2013 6:37:44 AM
Thats the thing: depending on the reasons why Skyrim doesn't click for you, there's a chance Oblivion won't either.

See, they are very similar games. Skyrim improved the graphics and some aspects of the gameplay, but removed the typical RPG stats and the classes. Skyrim is also easier, and has a simpler storyline.

Some people like Oblivion better, some people prefer Skyrim.

Thats why we need to know WHY you didn't like Skyrim. Depending on the reasons, it can be easy or hard to recommend Oblivion.
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#7ZeraphLordSPosted 8/2/2013 6:39:53 AM
I am interested in it.

What about it interests you?
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#8AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/2/2013 6:40:59 AM
aak57 posted...

Was it the exploring? Was it the immersion/lack of? Was it the combat? Or the NPCs throughout the game?
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
#9aak57Posted 8/2/2013 6:42:36 AM
TBH, the only thing that you'd probably like better about Oblivion are the guild quests. The combat, world/lore, dungeon variety (lack thereof) and such are pretty similar. If it was only the guild quests that made skyrim not click then you can try oblivion, but otherwise you probably wouldn't like it either.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#10Ch3wyPosted 8/2/2013 6:53:39 AM
Also if you were disappointed with not having to jump up and down for 2 hours straight each level in order to efficiently level up your agility, you might like Oblivion more.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.