This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPS decidedly unimpressed by Lords of Shadow demo

#1notSFFPosted 8/2/2013 12:40:28 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/02/hackneyed-slash-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-demo/

As if we needed a reminder that we need IGA back, but I appreciate the sentiment.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#2GoldninjaPosted 8/2/2013 1:28:15 PM(edited)
It's like they've forgotten that Castlevania was an action based side scrolling series with stages instead of one giant free roam environment. SotN was the start of the "Metroidvania" games and the quality declined with every iteration after (except maybe the Sorrow games).
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#3notSFF(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 1:42:26 PM
Goldninja posted...
It's like they've forgotten that Castlevania was an action based side scrolling series with stages instead of one giant free roam environment. SotN was the start of the "Metroidvania" games and the quality declined with every iteration after (except maybe the Sorrow games).

What about Order of Ecclesia. Shanoa is a FAR better protagonist then Gabriel, by virtue of actually being a CHARACTER instead of a cardboard cutout of a generic action hero.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#4Orestes417Posted 8/2/2013 1:46:26 PM
You weren't paying much attention to Gabriel's plotline I take it.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#5pfantzypantzPosted 8/2/2013 1:47:16 PM
That was more whiny than expected, especially since he's just saying the same thing people have complained about ever since LoS came out.
#6sonicteam2k1Posted 8/2/2013 1:58:45 PM
"I remain mystified as to why third-person action games called Castlevania exist."

seeing that Castlevania started off as a 2D side scrolling action game, it woudl make perfect sense to evolve it to 3D action game.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#7Lemur_HPosted 8/2/2013 2:15:09 PM
He's saying what I knew when the game hit consoles.

badgamesobad
#8spud_almightyPosted 8/2/2013 2:18:27 PM
Castlevania fans are really strange. They're very happy when they recycle the same levels and enemies for 15 years but as soon as they make a pretty good, beautiful 3d game it's shot down in flames. It's absolutely pathetic.

The demo plays a lot better then it's console counterpart which fixes the one thing I hate about the game. It had a not so stable framerate. I can't wait for it to be released.
#9Born LuckyPosted 8/2/2013 2:27:58 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
seeing that Castlevania started off as a 2D side scrolling action game, it woudl make perfect sense to evolve it to 3D action game.

Why does that make "perfect sense"?

It's what ruined it.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#10Dark_SpiretPosted 8/2/2013 2:28:45 PM
still boggles my mind that they would show the SAME demo as the console versions(albeit looking and performing better). The game isnt amazing by any means, but that demo and those first 2 chapters are VERY underwhelming in comparison to the rest of the game. Woudldnt surprise me if that demo threw a lot of people off much like the console version.
---
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns