This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPS decidedly unimpressed by Lords of Shadow demo

#11SienrurouniPosted 8/2/2013 2:14:02 PM
It was a really mediocre game as it was. Although despite having played through it on hard I never really used the blocking mechanic that people said was so amazing and vital as I rather like dodging. The whole time I was playing it, I just felt like I was forcing myself through it. The fights that were a complete ripoff of Shadow of the Colossus but not as good were kind of fun.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#12AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/2/2013 2:18:48 PM
I loved the game but the demo is just bad. Easily the worst 2 levels in the game.
#13sonicteam2k1Posted 8/2/2013 2:49:32 PM
Born Lucky posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
seeing that Castlevania started off as a 2D side scrolling action game, it woudl make perfect sense to evolve it to 3D action game.

Why does that make "perfect sense"?

It's what ruined it.

your opinion
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#14thatfool12GsPosted 8/2/2013 3:00:19 PM
Who cares what they have to say. The game is beautiful and the combat is pretty deep and a hell of a lot of fun. Boss battles are amazing and the storyline is awesome.

I agree that the demo levels suck huge balls. I loved the clarity of true 1080p resolution, and the 60 FPS at max settings.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU