This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any PC rpg's like Suikoden?

#1OrgeLambartPosted 8/2/2013 2:30:50 PM
Looking for an RPG like Suikoden where you recruit tons of characters, and it has a really good story line as well.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#2OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 2:31:48 PM
Turn based combat would be a major bonus as well.
---
#3aak57Posted 8/2/2013 2:34:18 PM
If JRPGs are what you seek, PC is not where you should look.
---
Go forth; touch the Demon inside me.
http://i.imgur.com/l7bHT.jpg
#4OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 2:35:53 PM
really, I know it seems like all the Jrpg's are heading off to the Nintendo handhelds, the problem with that is I don't like handheld systems. Consoles are pretty limited on Jrpg's right now it seems.

Anyway any one else know of something or am I just SOL?
---
#5Altgexx231Posted 8/2/2013 2:35:56 PM
He's right, JRPGs are quite plentiful on consoles, but hard to find for PC. Off the top of my head I can think of Breath of Fire IV and The Last Remnant. Might be hard to find BOF IV these days though.
#6titan6669Posted 8/2/2013 2:40:29 PM
yeah jrpgs don't really exist in English on the pc. closest would probably be the last remnant which is pretty fun.

daibanchou and sengoku rance might be good too. Simple but fun and addictive gameplay with boatloads of characters and decent stories. but you may have moral issues with those games.
#7ChromaticAngelPosted 8/2/2013 4:03:16 PM
you are in luck my friend, I have two PC rpgs for you where you recruit a ton of characters

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71120/
and
http://store.steampowered.com/app/71160/
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#8ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/2/2013 6:01:16 PM
You can recruit characters in radiata stories. It's story is great and unique, but what shines is its charming and funny characters. It's for ps2.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#9OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 7:05:49 PM
yeah I have Radiata story for PS2 but when I was playing it on my PS3 after like 30 - 40 hours or something like that the hard drive wigged out, and removed all my game saves.
---
#10MwulfPosted 8/2/2013 7:11:22 PM
aak57 posted...
If JRPGs are what you seek, PC is not where you should look.

Actually, if JRPGs are what you seek, PC is rapidly becoming the best place to look.

Precisely because through emulation we can play games that are no longer playable or even purchasable on modern console hardware. If you want to play Suikoden II, III, IV or V, for example, PC is your -only- option these days.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable