This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone wanna help me figure out why I cant manually delete these drivers in cmd?

#1HydroCannabinolPosted 8/2/2013 7:51:16 PM
80/80

So I recently realized what a piece of crap DS3tool/Motionjoy was and decided to uninstall it. I then found out how hard it is to get rid of all the drivers and how much they ruin your PC's USB ports etc. for future use...

So I open up cmd.exe and use the commands:

pnputil.exe -e
[insert long list of driver packages]
[sees that motionjoy.coms driver package is oem60.inf]
pnputil.exe -f -d oem60.inf
"cannot delete the specified package because it's not an installed OEM package..."

WHAT, so basically even though the list states that it's there, I cannot delete it? I've tried booting into safe mode with command prompt and it still lists it as oem60.inf but when I try to delete it, it says it's not installed.

wat do gamefaqs??

http://i.imgur.com/9wS3dc3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X6Cw6GR.jpg

In case you can't tell, in the first pic where my pointer is you can clearly see the driver package.. in the second pick you see the commands I use to delete. The first is force delete, the second is normal delete.

Very annoying...
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#2HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 7:54:52 PM
Also, does anyone know if pnputil.exe -e enumerates ALL packages whether they are installed or not? Perhaps the package is not 'installed' but still remains on my PC for 'future use'. If this is the case, anyone have any ideas on how to find the file?

I tried to search for it but came up with nothing. I even manually went through the System32/drivers/ folder but didn't find anything fishy or had their name on it.

In device manager I also cannot find anything.. perhaps i'm safe for now but this is sorta annoying me that the package still shows up in CMD when you'd think it was gone. I'm afraid they may still be sending data to China from my PC.. O_o
---
#3LordSeiferPosted 8/2/2013 7:56:13 PM
I know some of these words
---
^ this
#4HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 8:55:23 AM
bah
---
#5JockoPosted 8/3/2013 9:04:01 AM
HydroCannabinol posted...
I tried to search for it but came up with nothing. I even manually went through the System32/drivers/ folder but didn't find anything fishy or had their name on it.

I'm going to ask you a dumb question that has to be asked. Do you have the "Show hidden files and folders" option checked?

Other than that all I have for advice is re-install Windows if it bugs you that bad.

Oh and please make a folder on your desktop to transfer all of your game shortcuts too. It's too cluttered and gave me anxiety ;)
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#6HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 9:20:30 AM
Jocko posted...
HydroCannabinol posted...

I'm going to ask you a dumb question that has to be asked. Do you have the "Show hidden files and folders" option checked?

Other than that all I have for advice is re-install Windows if it bugs you that bad.

Oh and please make a folder on your desktop to transfer all of your game shortcuts too. It's too cluttered and gave me anxiety ;)

This post was 0% helpful. Thanks.
---
#7HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 9:29:10 AM
Ok guys, so I figured it out.. -_-;

In case anyone else has this trouble, I found out where the OEM packages are stored in the GUI instead of the cmd.

%systemroot%/inf

In that folder you will see a ton of stuff, but within that you will recognize the OEM packages. I simply found OEM 60 and manually deleted it there.. and it worked.

Also REMEMBER to delete both the .INF file AND the .PNG file!! There's 2!!

Now if I can only find a damn program so I can use my PS3 controller for the Y's games... gahh
---
#8JockoPosted 8/3/2013 1:04:26 PM
Ah I see my advice to have you check the hidden files and folders option helped you find the %systemroot%/inf path. You're welcome.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#9WerdnAndreWPosted 8/3/2013 1:08:34 PM
Couldn't you uninstall from Device Manager and have it delete the drivers?
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#10HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 3:26:44 PM
Jocko posted...
Ah I see my advice to have you check the hidden files and folders option helped you find the %systemroot%/inf path. You're welcome.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about, hahaha.
---