This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Heatsink solution for around $50

#1dayne195Posted 8/2/2013 7:09:54 PM
I've had my 4670k for about a month now, and would like to look into overclocking, if only for bragging rights. What kind of heatsink would perform the best for the given budget? Would I be better off increasing the budget by a bit? Air or water? Thanks in advance.
#2Fade2black001Posted 8/2/2013 7:13:50 PM
I don't think you can get water cooling for 50 bucks.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3dayne195(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 7:17:12 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
I don't think you can get water cooling for 50 bucks.

Corsair H55 is $55. Would that be better than air at that price point, such as a Frio?
#4PhilOnDezPosted 8/2/2013 7:18:56 PM
212Evo is a good choice for the price, it's about $30. You'll have to spend at least twice as much for something to really get an edge on it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#5PhilOnDezPosted 8/2/2013 7:21:06 PM
The H60 performs worse than air coolers at the same general price, I wouldn't bother with an h55. Not sure if the deal is still going on but the H100 was $80 for the longest time.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6rainedownPosted 8/2/2013 7:36:05 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
212Evo is a good choice for the price, it's about $30. You'll have to spend at least twice as much for something to really get an edge on it.

This really is an amazingly good cooler for the price--just make sure your case can fit it, and if the case doesn't give you a decent amount of space to install the bracket on the back of the mobo you'll have to remove it to install it.
#7dayne195(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 7:40:33 PM
rainedown posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

This really is an amazingly good cooler for the price--just make sure your case can fit it, and if the case doesn't give you a decent amount of space to install the bracket on the back of the mobo you'll have to remove it to install it.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I guess I'll go with the 212evo. I'm just a little worried about applying thermal paste. The HAF XM would fit it, correct?
#8bababoinsPosted 8/2/2013 8:04:57 PM
dayne195 posted...
rainedown posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

Thanks guys! Yeah, I guess I'll go with the 212evo. I'm just a little worried about applying thermal paste. The HAF XM would fit it, correct?

It should fit. Get some arctic silver paste too. The consistency makes super easy to spread and it's highly recommend