This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I start GTA IV or play Sleeping Dogs?

#31romsnbombsPosted 8/3/2013 2:56:49 AM
Loved GTA IV, hated sleeping dogs
---
2600k | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | GTX 780 | 700W silent pro
#32rareware101Posted 8/3/2013 3:28:44 AM
GTA was boring as hell. They got less and less 'gamey' with each one. Sleepings Dogs is a lot more fun for me.
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser
#33SlaynPosted 8/3/2013 3:33:56 AM
I find it funny how GTA4 gets 90/98/98 Metacritic scores and everyone is recommending Sleeping Dogs. I personally LOVED Sleeping Dogs, I just find it funny. I actually never really liked GTA games, but that is because I don't really like the setting. I loved Sleeping Dogs because I liked playing an undercover cop and all the kung-fu. I also loved Red Dead Redeption, because you are basically playing Clint Eastwood, which I prefer to being some gangster or whatever.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#34MackorovPosted 8/3/2013 4:48:17 AM
Slayn posted...
I find it funny how GTA4 gets 90/98/98 Metacritic scores and everyone is recommending Sleeping Dogs. I personally LOVED Sleeping Dogs, I just find it funny. I actually never really liked GTA games, but that is because I don't really like the setting. I loved Sleeping Dogs because I liked playing an undercover cop and all the kung-fu. I also loved Red Dead Redeption, because you are basically playing Clint Eastwood, which I prefer to being some gangster or whatever.

Because GTA 4 really sucked, if not, overrated. Maybe it was good during its time but now, when compared to most other sandbox games it's pretty crap.

Main missions? Most are plain repetitive drive someone-somewhere-then enter a shootout- then drive back. I don't know how anyone can call this fun

The game world? Bland, empty, little interaction mainly due to...

VERY few side missions, not to mention the rewards are not worth your time

Story? Not the best, predictable and whoever said Niko has good character development needs to relook because from the way i see it, I see a guy with little emotions or feelings aimlessly taking orders and missions for anyone willing to pay him
#35rareware101Posted 8/3/2013 8:34:13 AM
Mackorov posted...
Slayn posted...

Because GTA 4 really sucked, if not, overrated. Maybe it was good during its time but now, when compared to most other sandbox games it's pretty crap.

Main missions? Most are plain repetitive drive someone-somewhere-then enter a shootout- then drive back. I don't know how anyone can call this fun

The game world? Bland, empty, little interaction mainly due to...

VERY few side missions, not to mention the rewards are not worth your time

Story? Not the best, predictable and whoever said Niko has good character development needs to relook because from the way i see it, I see a guy with little emotions or feelings aimlessly taking orders and missions for anyone willing to pay him

Had I bothered to flesh out my 'less gamey' comment above I would've said exactly that.
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser
#36ShebeskiiPosted 8/3/2013 10:17:20 AM
DerPancake posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
The driving dynamics were superb? Lmfao, car handling is absolute s*** in GTA IV.

More like you were horrible at driving in GTA IV.

Gotta agree. Anyone who thinks older GTAs had better driving need their head checked.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#37ShebeskiiPosted 8/3/2013 10:21:11 AM(edited)
Snuckie7 posted...
Realistic car handling in itself isn't subjective though, and cars irl are definitely designed to be precise and easily maneuverable, not like the floaty boats in GTA IV. It's one thing to say that you like how the cars handle, but it's another to say that said handling is realistic.

GTA has objectively more realistic driving than any other open world game.

You're very harsh on a game that has better driving than any other in the genre.

What does Sleeping Dogs have? The driving is brutal in that game. There's no physics involved. PS1 games had deeper driving.

What about Saints Row? EVEN WORSE. Again, there are dozens of PS1 games with better physics. It's atrocious.

So if GTAIV is total crap, these games are vomit inducing.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#38Tyranius2Posted 8/3/2013 10:43:02 AM
GTA 4 car handling was atrocious. Not realistic at all in my experience. Even going at 20 you're gonna have problems turning. The comment above that said the cars handled like boats is spot on.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#39MaximoomPosted 8/8/2013 9:10:21 AM
go sleeping dogs first since it have less replay value, if any. IMO.

GTA 4 have more replay value, due to multiplayer.
#40KidInTheHallPosted 8/8/2013 9:15:12 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
The driving dynamics were superb? Lmfao, car handling is absolute s*** in GTA IV.

You're a fool Snuckie, a god damn fool. The driving was fun as hell.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750