This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My PC graphics card just died and now my screen stays blank

#1SolnotPosted 8/3/2013 12:04:54 AM
My pc still turns on but it dont show nothing on the screen. how can i make it show up stuff on screen so i can still access my files and backup?
#2WyzeGyePosted 8/3/2013 12:26:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3BDSMPosted 8/3/2013 12:28:43 AM
Unless your mobo has onboard video, buy a new video card.

Excepting the possible situation that you have some sort of remote desktop program that runs at start up.

Lastly: Are you sure it's the card and not the monitor? You should be able to see volume/on screen menus and so on.
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#4daemon_danPosted 8/3/2013 12:34:03 AM
BDSM posted...

Excepting the possible situation that you have some sort of remote desktop program that runs at start up.

Lastly: Are you sure it's the card and not the monitor? You should be able to see volume/on screen menus and so on.

You should pay more attention to the person posting the topic.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#5nb003_99Posted 8/3/2013 1:31:39 AM
I just farted.
That is not a lie.
Good luck.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#6wildog2006Posted 8/3/2013 8:20:20 AM
daemon_dan posted...
BDSM posted...

because you're so much more helpful
---
i7-3770k ~ EVGA GTX670 4GB ~ Intel DZ77GAL-70k ~ 8GB Corsair Vengeance ~ 180GB SSD + 1TB HDD ~ Corsair 850W PSU ~ Silverstone Redline
PSN/360/Steam ~ irysh9
#7Love_Me_SexyPosted 8/3/2013 8:39:15 AM
Yo like you gots one of those vee gee ehhs on the back of your like pee cee? You gots to plug into that
---
PS4 preordered! X1 Day 1 preordered!
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB
#8Love_Me_SexyPosted 8/3/2013 8:41:38 AM
daemon_dan posted...
BDSM posted...

Yeah, it's the brother of willknot. They're both annoying and serve no purpose other than to get you to pull out your hair.
---
PS4 preordered! X1 Day 1 preordered!
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB
#9Lonestar2000Posted 8/3/2013 10:29:13 AM
Snot topic.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335