This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Older games

#1McPoonPosted 8/3/2013 4:05:40 AM
Anyone going back and playing older games? I don't know what it is but I'm getting kinda bored with new games. I've gone back and played some Super Nintendo the past few days and having so much fun. Anyone else get that recently?
#2crawdadPosted 8/3/2013 4:12:59 AM
Going to start Earhtbound once I beat Deadpool. Does that count?
---
i7 920| GTX 560ti 1280MB TwinFrozr III 448 Core OC| 15GBRAM | EAW650W | CorsairForce 90GB SSD | 2TB HDD
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#3McPoon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 4:30:35 AM
That's the game I'm playing! Wow.. lol. Awesome. I've never really played it before, only went around the first town, but this game rocks so far. Have you beaten it?
#4eddy1nsanePosted 8/3/2013 4:34:56 AM
I just played Dark-legions and dugeonkeeper, I'm so evil.
---
God created the world, everything else are made in China
#5AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/3/2013 4:36:15 AM
McPoon posted...
Anyone going back and playing older games? I don't know what it is but I'm getting kinda bored with new games. I've gone back and played some Super Nintendo the past few days and having so much fun. Anyone else get that recently?

That's why I'm stocking up on my favorite old PC games on GOG, for the coming apocalypse.

As well, I have Steam for the PC games I can't find on GOG, my PS3, for old PSN RPGs and a select few current-gen titles, and *maybe-or-maybe-not* some emulators.
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
#6ElDudorinoPosted 8/3/2013 4:51:19 AM
Of course. I spend the vast majority of my gaming time playing older games. Just because games have gotten prettier, doesn't mean they've gotten better. And even if some new games are really great, I still get cravings for the classics. Classic RPGs and strategy games in particular, like Lufia 2, Suikoden 1-3, Master of Orion 2, Alpha Centauri, Planescape: Torment, Fallout 1/2... and old DOS-era adventure games, of course. Can't not play those.
#7AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/3/2013 5:06:47 AM
ElDudorino posted...
Of course. I spend the vast majority of my gaming time playing older games. Just because games have gotten prettier, doesn't mean they've gotten better. And even if some new games are really great, I still get cravings for the classics. Classic RPGs and strategy games in particular, like Lufia 2, Suikoden 1-3, Master of Orion 2, Alpha Centauri, Planescape: Torment, Fallout 1/2... and old DOS-era adventure games, of course. Can't not play those.

Alpha Centauri, right on.
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
#8KaushadPosted 8/3/2013 5:09:12 AM
Absolutely. I still operate under the assumption that games made before 2008 were miles better than the crap we get now(with a few exceptions)
---
I stopped watching comedy on TV when I found the jimquisition and zero punctuation.
#9maybecallsPosted 8/3/2013 5:37:35 AM
I make good use of MAME, Spectaculator (Sinclair Spectrum), and WinAPE (Amstrad CPC). For some reason I'm not fussed about playing anything from the other systems I owned before I started PC gaming, though (ie Amiga, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2).
#10ChromaticAngelPosted 8/3/2013 5:49:46 AM
eddy1nsane posted...
I just played Dark-legions and dugeonkeeper, I'm so evil.

Dark Legions is awesome!

So is Dungeon Keeper, but Dark Legions is better.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.