This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you still try to go for 100% completion rates?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you still try to go for 100% completion rates?
2 years ago#21
I never did. Getting beyond say 90% always seemed more like a chore than a game,

Pretty much this. I don't go for 100% because that doesn't interest me as much. There have been a few games where I was reasonably sure I did almost everything there was to do in it, but there weren't achievements or anything to show I made 100% complete on it.
2 years ago#22
I can probably could my 100%'d games on one hand. I did it for GTA: VC and SA, but it's a lot of work for little reward.

I have a big enough backlog that I should be focusing on going through games just to play them, rather than dragging other games on to 100% them.
2 years ago#23
Often, it also brings good video material sometimes.

SR3 and Digimon World being the latest two at 100%.
The King of Games has returned! Now in 1440p. - Samurai190
2 years ago#24
No... god no.
--- | |
2 years ago#25
I remember back then, as a silly little 12 year-old, when I told myself "Once my buddy is done with FFVII, I'll borrow his PS1 and start a second playthrough to get a 100% file. EVERYTHING."

Yeah, that turned out greeeeat.
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
2 years ago#26
Yes, if I like the game enough to 100% it (though I've never gone for perfect saves like 99 of every item and such). This is the same approach I took as a child.

When faced with time constraints, I chose to reduce the number of games I play rather than the depth to which I play them. I recognize that it is ultimately my choice as to what I do with my gaming time. This is simply another aspect of taking responsibility for my actions as an adult.
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
2 years ago#27
I complete games that can be completed. Games like Just cause 2 where if you tried to complete it you would be there for years no.
I stopped watching comedy on TV when I found the jimquisition and zero punctuation.
2 years ago#28
I stopped caring when games added pointless grinding achievements.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
2 years ago#29
I don't have the patience for that anymore, especially when it's stuff like Faerie Solitaire where the last damn egg has an absurdly low drop rate :<
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you still try to go for 100% completion rates?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived