This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys know anybody in real life who don't got a PC?

#1SolnotPosted 8/3/2013 7:30:42 AM
Like do you guys know anybody who don't own a PC at all? How can people manage to live without one in this day in age?
#2ChromaticAngelPosted 8/3/2013 7:33:48 AM
My grandparents never used a computer a day in their lives. The last one died earlier this year, but they just didn't need one.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#3happyscrub1Posted 8/3/2013 7:34:31 AM(edited)
What part of the PC allows you to live?

And to answer your question, I know plenty.

---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#4happyscrub1Posted 8/3/2013 7:38:03 AM
And to add... I see the % of people owning a PC going down because all these new gadgets that do what people normally do on a PC (play flash games, websurf, email, social networking).

If that's all you do, a PC is over priced for those needs.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#5NotQuiteAFreakPosted 8/3/2013 7:39:23 AM
1. Yes, grandparents, parents, uncles and aunts, a few of my friends parents, basically everyone I know over 30 doesn't have one. It's fairly easy to live without one, it's just more convenient living with one.

2. "Doesn't have". Not "Don't got".
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#6maybecallsPosted 8/3/2013 7:42:03 AM
I know plenty of people who don't own a PC or any other equivalent gadget, and don't use the internet at all. None of my immediate neighbours use it. Not because they can't afford it. It's because they have no interest in it.
#7Krzd3vilPosted 8/3/2013 7:47:26 AM
yeah, he owns a mac.

2edgy4u
#8AnimorganimatePosted 8/3/2013 7:49:28 AM
I would say there's a good portion of the world that doesn't own a computer. It's a first world luxury.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#9LB3Posted 8/3/2013 9:31:35 AM
I just got a new pc in Dec. Before that it had been 5 years since my last one broke and i never bothered ti replace it. I use my PS3 for gaming, and my smartphone and work computer for internet and Email.

I dont even really need my computer niw. I just bought it cause i had extra money but i dont do very much with it. A few games, Email and internet.
---
PSN: Bwleon7 Steam: bwleon79
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. -Albert Einstein
#10Love_Me_SexyPosted 8/3/2013 9:36:27 AM
Solnot posted...
Like do you guys know anybody who don't own a PC at all? How can people manage to live without one in this day in age?

Like if you gots a comp, you gots to like check out this site called how to english.
---
PS4 preordered! X1 Day 1 preordered!
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB