This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having 2 problems : Ad Block and History both in Mozilla Firefox

#1_Shadi_Posted 8/3/2013 9:12:22 AM
When I use Ad block on my work computer(which uses Google Chrome), I have no problems with Ads. They don't pop up and their all blocked, but when I use my home computer( which uses Mozilla Firefox) I'm plagued by Ads even though I have Adblock. I'm guessing for the Firefox one, I have to manually block the Ads. How do I do this? Is it as simple as right clicking and clicking " Block this Ad"? I ask this because sometimes the option doesn't come up at all, especially for flash Ads.

Unto the History problem. I recently got a new motherboard and I've been using the computer for 2 weeks since. If were to check my History for Today, it would show me my most viewed pages and the rest of the stuff is things I did that day in no particular order. I'm not sure if I may have changed how the History is sorted but I want it back to the way where you can see your most recent history in sequential order.
---
Jagshamesh, Ma name is Shadi.
#2Rolen47Posted 8/3/2013 9:19:22 AM(edited)
I'm guessing you forgot to add a filter subscription to adblock. Click on Adblock, go to Filter preferences, then click on the "add filter subscription" button. Choose Easylist or Fanboy's list.

If you're still getting a lot of ads then you probably have some heavy malware on your PC. Download, install, and run a scan with Malwarebytes.
#3_Shadi_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 9:24:09 AM
Rolen47 posted...
I'm guessing you forgot to add a filter subscription to adblock. Click on Adblock, go to Filter preferences, then click on the "add filter subscription" button. Choose Easylist or Fanboy's list.

If you're still getting a lot of ads then you probably have some heavy malware on your PC. Download, install, and run a scan with Malwarebytes.

I didn't mean like those randoms ads that pop up on your desktop, I meant those certain sites that kill you with flash ads,etc.

Thanks for the help for the first problem!
---
#4Knight2520Posted 8/3/2013 9:40:09 AM(edited)
I'm not sure if I may have changed how the History is sorted but I want it back to the way where you can see your most recent history in sequential order.

Find the Visit Date tab and click it.
---
Is that the ship from Mass Effect? - ZanySniper on the USS Enterprise
#5_Shadi_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 12:16:56 PM
Okay I did that but why does it show my most visited sites AND THEN my most recent history?
---
#6Knight2520Posted 8/3/2013 12:18:11 PM
Views -> Sort -> Sort by Visit Date
---
GENERATION 117: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number. Consider it a social experiment.
#7_Shadi_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 12:30:03 PM
That's what I did but I still see my most visited sites first then my most recent history. Vice versa when I do it A > Z
---
#8_Shadi_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 6:22:42 AM
---