This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having 2 problems : Ad Block and History both in Mozilla Firefox

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Having 2 problems : Ad Block and History both in Mozilla Firefox
3 years ago#1
When I use Ad block on my work computer(which uses Google Chrome), I have no problems with Ads. They don't pop up and their all blocked, but when I use my home computer( which uses Mozilla Firefox) I'm plagued by Ads even though I have Adblock. I'm guessing for the Firefox one, I have to manually block the Ads. How do I do this? Is it as simple as right clicking and clicking " Block this Ad"? I ask this because sometimes the option doesn't come up at all, especially for flash Ads.

Unto the History problem. I recently got a new motherboard and I've been using the computer for 2 weeks since. If were to check my History for Today, it would show me my most viewed pages and the rest of the stuff is things I did that day in no particular order. I'm not sure if I may have changed how the History is sorted but I want it back to the way where you can see your most recent history in sequential order.
Jagshamesh, Ma name is Shadi.
3 years ago#2
I'm guessing you forgot to add a filter subscription to adblock. Click on Adblock, go to Filter preferences, then click on the "add filter subscription" button. Choose Easylist or Fanboy's list.

If you're still getting a lot of ads then you probably have some heavy malware on your PC. Download, install, and run a scan with Malwarebytes.
3 years ago#3
Rolen47 posted...
I'm guessing you forgot to add a filter subscription to adblock. Click on Adblock, go to Filter preferences, then click on the "add filter subscription" button. Choose Easylist or Fanboy's list.

If you're still getting a lot of ads then you probably have some heavy malware on your PC. Download, install, and run a scan with Malwarebytes.

I didn't mean like those randoms ads that pop up on your desktop, I meant those certain sites that kill you with flash ads,etc.

Thanks for the help for the first problem!
3 years ago#4
I'm not sure if I may have changed how the History is sorted but I want it back to the way where you can see your most recent history in sequential order.

Find the Visit Date tab and click it.
Is that the ship from Mass Effect? - ZanySniper on the USS Enterprise
3 years ago#5
Okay I did that but why does it show my most visited sites AND THEN my most recent history?
3 years ago#6
Views -> Sort -> Sort by Visit Date
GENERATION 117: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number. Consider it a social experiment.
3 years ago#7
That's what I did but I still see my most visited sites first then my most recent history. Vice versa when I do it A > Z
3 years ago#8
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Having 2 problems : Ad Block and History both in Mozilla Firefox

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived