This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Divinity: Dragon Commander

#1AmiciPosted 8/3/2013 10:18:06 AM
Anyone play the beta of this? It's close to being out, it sounds like a whole bunch of concepts and ideas I love, but I am wary that it might be a hodgepodge mess of genres instead :P
---
Pain is temporary; glory is forever.
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 8/3/2013 2:57:05 PM
I am wondering this too
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3lionheart5656Posted 8/3/2013 2:58:07 PM
Wait a week or two and ask me.

The beta doesn't include the single player campaign.

The Multiplayer is fun though.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#4daemon_danPosted 8/3/2013 2:58:41 PM
I have the Beta but I've yet to play it. from one review I read, it's a very good game with some flaws.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#5Amici(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 11:16:39 PM
Dunno if this is worth playing full price for, looks like something I'll look out for when it hits the bargain bin :)
---
#6Amici(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 7:13:57 AM
No hype for this game here in PCH? It's getting good reviews from a lot of sources for now, praising its unique blend of genres and the action, arcadey RTS gameplay. I'm anxiously waiting for my Steam download to finish (Third World problems :p)
---
#7maybecallsPosted 8/6/2013 7:23:53 AM
Need a demo. to try.

30 gig? Hmmmm...........
#8Amici(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 7:27:49 AM
maybecalls posted...
Need a demo. to try.

30 gig? Hmmmm...........

Where did you get the 30 gig? It's only 12.6 gig on my Steam download. Just watching the launch trailer ia pumping me up. It's the sort of niche title that barely shows up on consoles :)
---
#9maybecallsPosted 8/6/2013 7:31:18 AM
Amici posted...
maybecalls posted...
Need a demo. to try.

30 gig? Hmmmm...........

Where did you get the 30 gig? It's only 12.6 gig on my Steam download. Just watching the launch trailer ia pumping me up. It's the sort of niche title that barely shows up on consoles :)

From it's Steam page Recommended spec.

Recommended:
Processor:Intel i5 2400
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 550 ti 1GB ram or or ATI™ Radeon™ HD 6XXX
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive:30 GB HD space
Sound:DirectX9c compliant, 5.1 surround sound
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
#10Forever ShadowedPosted 8/6/2013 7:50:08 AM
Have been wanting it, read the escapists review. got a 3/5. Ill probably get it.

Sounds like its simply a case of a cool mix of ideas, but for the most part the RTS/management systems are shallow and pretty generic. they said the character inetaraction was the best part.

but still, sounds really neat. I love games that blend genres like this. I have spellforce 2 + xpacs and loved that.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.