This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Morrowind and Oblivion on sale, how are they on PC?

#21daemon_danPosted 8/3/2013 4:18:45 PM
CommonJoe posted...
daemon_dan posted...
CommonJoe posted...
Mods don't help much when the meat and potatoes of the game is still horrible, no matter how much you dress it up.

Cool opinion, bro.

It must take a real simple person to think Skyrim's quest lines or even its dungeons for that matter are even remotely engaging enough to be more than awful, boring crap. Morrowinds, and even Oblivions content wasn't that much better (though still far ahead of Skyrim) but at least the worlds they presented had some substance to it. Even Oblivion with its awful generic-ness painted a more fleshed out world than Skyrim.

It must take a real up-his-own-ass pretentious twit to think that there is nothing in Skyrim that others could find enjoyable.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#22KURRUPTORPosted 8/3/2013 4:27:37 PM
CommonJoe posted...
daemon_dan posted...
CommonJoe posted...
Mods don't help much when the meat and potatoes of the game is still horrible, no matter how much you dress it up.

Cool opinion, bro.

It must take a real simple person to think Skyrim's quest lines or even its dungeons for that matter are even remotely engaging enough to be more than awful, boring crap. Morrowinds, and even Oblivions content wasn't that much better (though still far ahead of Skyrim) but at least the worlds they presented had some substance to it. Even Oblivion with its awful generic-ness painted a more fleshed out world than Skyrim.

You must be like the coolest hipster on the block eh?
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#23CommonJoePosted 8/3/2013 4:43:45 PM
daemon_dan posted...
CommonJoe posted...
daemon_dan posted...
CommonJoe posted...

Cool opinion, bro.

It must take a real up-his-own-ass pretentious twit to think that there is nothing in Skyrim that others could find enjoyable.

Oh no I used big words, I'm so pretentious!

But anyway, don't put words into my mouth. There are plenty of qualities in Skyrim others can find enjoyable, but that doesn't change what it is. The game world is boring and lifeless and what few sparks of life it has only serve to show just how dead everything else is. The quest lines are painfully short, plagued by having dozens of the same types of enemies over, and OVER again, and are ultimately pointless because the game world never changes or even reacts substantially different because of them.

Anyone who refuses to accept that is in denial. And anyone who tries to say that I'm saying that Oblivion or Morrowind did these better, you're wrong. They didn't, but those games at least tried. Early game Morrowind/Oblivion is very different from the end game. But Skyrim? Never changes much at all and what few changes happen barely even register if your'e not paying attention.

Honestly, people who bash people who say anything remotely bad about any Elder Scrolls game are just bad as those who endlessly praise Morrowind.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#24daemon_danPosted 8/3/2013 4:54:57 PM
CommonJoe posted...
daemon_dan posted...
CommonJoe posted...
daemon_dan posted...
CommonJoe posted...

Cool opinion, bro.

Oh no I used big words, I'm so pretentious!

But anyway, don't put words into my mouth. There are plenty of qualities in Skyrim others can find enjoyable, but that doesn't change what it is. The game world is boring and lifeless and what few sparks of life it has only serve to show just how dead everything else is. The quest lines are painfully short, plagued by having dozens of the same types of enemies over, and OVER again, and are ultimately pointless because the game world never changes or even reacts substantially different because of them.

Anyone who refuses to accept that is in denial. And anyone who tries to say that I'm saying that Oblivion or Morrowind did these better, you're wrong. They didn't, but those games at least tried. Early game Morrowind/Oblivion is very different from the end game. But Skyrim? Never changes much at all and what few changes happen barely even register if your'e not paying attention.

Honestly, people who bash people who say anything remotely bad about any Elder Scrolls game are just bad as those who endlessly praise Morrowind.

No, you were pretentious to act like no one should find redeeming qualities in Skyrim. At the end of the day, Skyrim isn't about a questline. It's about sandboxed gameplay with interesting lore that makes the questline more engaging. Also, you didn't use any big words in your other post. you're just a pretentious ass that wants to act like a game is horrible if you decide not to like it and shove your biased opinion at everyone. DON'T LIKE IT CAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT!!!
Your attitude about it is transparent, so don't even try anymore to act like you have some sort of interesting insight.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#25LordSeiferPosted 8/3/2013 4:55:15 PM
after i play a game to death its boring, WHY!
---
^ this
#26qeoijlijwPosted 8/3/2013 5:02:01 PM
geez that daemon dan is a real baby
#27TheFeshPincePosted 8/3/2013 5:02:40 PM
qeoijlijw posted...
geez that daemon dan is a real baby

lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#28CommonJoePosted 8/3/2013 5:13:25 PM
daemon_dan posted...
snip

Never said that, never implied it.

And Skyrim isn't a sandbox either. Skyrim is too restrictive to be a sandbox. What it actually is is an open-world game, and frankly, its predecessors do better at it, as they give more for you to actually do. I played Skyrim for less than a 100 hours before I had experienced everything available at least once.

By comparison, I played Oblivion for more than 2000 hours before I had really experienced everything. Morrowind I've put 3500 or so and I've still yet to do everything or even explore everywhere. I can't even remember how many hours I have in Daggerfall (played it longer than Morrowind, I know that), and I know for a fact I haven't gone that deep into it.

I find Skyrim to be horrible because it pushes you too hard to play in any particular way, and because of how shallow most of the content is, you can't even ignore it and do your own thing because then you're just left with just dungeon crawling, which isn't very fun after a while because dungeon quality drops dramatically the farther away you get from the focus questline dungeons and 90% of the dungeons feature nothing but draugr. Even in Oblivion with its cookie-cutter dungeons you could walk into a dungeon and not expect the same enemies over and over again.

Also, apparently this topic wasn't about how the games are. You're criticizing me for giving TC what he asked for. You can't give someone a comparison of one game to another without describing both games and how they do things differently.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#29AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/3/2013 5:30:05 PM
ajko000 posted...
I've only played Skyrim, and I didn't like it as much as I used to because once you do literally everything in the game twice, it becomes slightly boring.

Never would have thought that after you put hundreds of hours into a game that would become slightly boring.
#30The_Count_FooPosted 8/3/2013 5:40:08 PM
I don't like a game you like so I'm better than you *scratches neck beard*
---
Divided by night...