This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 died and I want to use my sony mic on the PC....

#1lord_ryePosted 8/3/2013 4:35:00 PM
So my ps3 is no longer with us and iv'e been playing a lot of TF2 with friends on my computer. They all have mics so I plug my ps3 headset in and it seems to work, but all of my computers audio comes through it. Is there any way to make the mic just recognise voice?
---
Last game played in 2007 was Halo3.
#2Teufel_xPosted 8/3/2013 4:38:36 PM
since its a bluetooth headset you'll need hook it up via bluetooth adapter... either onboard.. or an external
---
Playin Oldschool games for your enjoyment :)
MAG - 4X VET, PSN ID: Teufel9000 add me for Games!
#3Dragonspawn1319Posted 8/3/2013 5:31:40 PM
I don't know how to do it on win8 but if you have windows 7 goto start > control panel > sound > playback. If you right click the connected devices you can choose whether to have them as main audio device (all sound) or communication device (voip). If you still use XP it should be something similar.
#4ThePCElitistPosted 8/3/2013 5:33:36 PM(edited)
Teufel_x posted...
since its a bluetooth headset you'll need hook it up via bluetooth adapter... either onboard.. or an external

I use my Sony wireless ps3 surround headphones on my PC with no extra adapters. Just the USB dongle it came with which has all the Bluetooth stuff built into it.
---
#5cody4783Posted 8/3/2013 6:29:25 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
I use my Sony wireless ps3 surround headphones on my PC with no extra adapters. Just the USB dongle it came with which has all the Bluetooth stuff built into it.

The dongle you're using IS the extra adapter. >_>

Bluetooth doesn't just magically connect t a computer.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg