This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rift or Tera? which is the better game?

#11Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 8/3/2013 7:22:27 PM
josh_b posted...
Ame_no_Murakumo posted...
josh_b posted...
Thanks for the replies guys. After trying some of the more action oriented mmo's out there. it's hard for me to get into a game unless the combat is more free form and not hot key based. Neverwinter's combat was near perfect to me except the rest of the game was very underwhelming.

I'm downloading Tera now and will probably just go ahead and download Rift next week or so to try it out.

Just trying to find something to pass the time till Everquest Next comes out.

If Sony can live up to their promises, EQ Next will be one of the best gaming experiences ever.

Well I have high hopes for the game. After spending countless hours playing both EQ and EQ2 and being the main games I played in my younger years I can't wait to see what they do for the new game.between those 2 games and Ultima Online made up the golden age of MMO games for me. I still prefer EQ2 over games like WOW. Guess ill continue to be the odd man out.

I also think EQ2 is much better than WoW.
---
Playing: Dishonored and Just Cause 2.
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948
#12xanthan1Posted 8/3/2013 8:33:17 PM
The one without the creepers trying ti defend lolis in skimpy clothes playing. Seriously, I don't care how you try to spin or what the lore says, if they look like children it is not ok for them to dress like that.
#13lazycomplifePosted 8/3/2013 8:42:15 PM
Tera is better if you have the elinware to run it
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027
#14fallenswordsPosted 8/3/2013 8:48:51 PM
just play WoW /topic
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#15Orestes417Posted 8/3/2013 8:53:28 PM
Rift is easily the most competent game in the WoW vein I've ever seen, and it may just be the burnout talking but Rift as it is at this moment feels better than WoW does. I'd go as far as calling it the best expac WoW never had.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#16XxTwisted26xXPosted 8/3/2013 9:20:10 PM
Rift for houses. /endtopic
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark
#17xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/3/2013 9:49:17 PM
Rift has certainly done F2P right, that's for sure. Full game access with just vanity to buy and gear which you can obtain in the game yourself, unless you wanna buy it. Great game regardless, certainly give it a shot.
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#18Fimble_the_magePosted 8/3/2013 10:05:16 PM
Neither.

Rift has the most uninspired quests of any MMORPG I've ever played.
---
Omegle is the worst site ever
#19badboyPosted 8/3/2013 11:36:29 PM
Tera, easily.
#20GhennkinsPosted 8/4/2013 12:29:04 AM
I'd recommend Tera if you're looking for a free mmo that doesn't limit you a whole lot.

I haven't played Rift, but I believe I read it's one of those 5 inventory slots, need more? Pay $5 bucks for another row of item storage! Games. One of those nickel and diming games that pushes you into paying for conveniences that should already be there. All f2p mmos are pay2win in some respect, but Tera has been one of the very few that don't screw over free players and make you feel like a second rate citizen.

You can also buy some of the c-store items in Tera from other players with ingame money. More bank slots, char slots, etc.