This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I start playing Dota 2?

#11Knight2520Posted 8/4/2013 11:31:16 AM
But honestly, you can't argue that last hitting takes skill. All you doing is clicking once on the screen to score a kill.

lol
---
GENERATION 117: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number. Consider it a social experiment.
#12happyscrub1Posted 8/4/2013 12:10:56 PM(edited)
Knight2520 posted...
But honestly, you can't argue that last hitting takes skill. All you doing is clicking once on the screen to score a kill.

lol

You laughing but it's the truth. You have anywhere to a half a sec to 20 secs (or more) to click once. And on top of that, you can see well in advance when a minion is getting close to die.

Hell, most flash games I seen are harder than that because there's no prediction in when a click is coming up.

---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#13HydroCannabinolPosted 8/4/2013 12:18:48 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
Knight2520 posted...

lol

You laughing but it's the truth. You have anywhere to a half a sec to 20 secs (or more) to click once. And on top of that, you can see well in advance when a minion is getting close to die.

Hell, most flash games I seen are harder than that because there's no prediction in when a click is coming up.

I have to agree with this guy. Last hitting is pretty damn simple. The AI mobs have health bars above their head and 9 times out of 10 they are attacking your AI mobs so all you're doing is sitting in the back and clicking the mob when it's low HP to 1 hit him and steal the kill....

Coming from WC3 and SC I have grown to hate MOBAs and their lack of true skill... a MOBA is basically a dumbed down RTS except you only control 1 unit and don't have to build your base rofl. In case you didn't know, DOTA was a custom map in WC3 and like all custom maps in WC3 and SC they are just dumbed down version of the real RTS experience.

The most 'skill' involved in MOBAs is memorization of every single lame item and skill your opponents has. You have to know that they can stunlock you with a hammer etc. so you should stay back. "newbs" just run in and get stunned then killed and everyone isl ike ' OMG youre so bad how come you didn't know thunder king bro has hammer of stun omg bro get out"

rofl
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#14Brutal_FelixPosted 8/4/2013 1:27:45 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
Knight2520 posted...

lol

So I guess you've never had your lane opponent try to deny your creeps? I guess it's only minions hitting minions. Ill have to tell my tower that too. Must be nice laning against just mobs.
---
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz // ASRock Z77 Extreme4 // Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB // Ripjaws X Series 8 GB // Razer DeathAdder 2013
#15BilliePilgrimPosted 8/4/2013 1:38:48 PM
Brutal_Felix posted...
So I guess you've never had your lane opponent try to deny your creeps? I guess it's only minions hitting minions. Ill have to tell my tower that too. Must be nice laning against just mobs.

This is why I'll never play DotA. Give a simple explanation of something that challenges somebody's perception of anything and you just get rude replies.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://tinyurl.com/bsdvav7
#16Super_Thug44Posted 8/4/2013 1:58:21 PM
Last hitting isn't as simple as some of you are making it out to be, but that isn't to say it's anything complex either. It's true, all you're doing is clicking at the right time. But it's only that easy when you're by yourself in a lane and not having to compete with your own damn teammate or your opponent.

But yes, games like LoL and DotA2 are "deep" in the sense that they require teamwork to win. Despite the obviously followed "meta" in LoL, there are still various ways to play the game as long as you have teammates willing to listen to you.

TC, I recommend you start with LoL. If you've played MOBA games before then go ahead and try DotA2. LoL is just a simpler and more newb friendly MOBA. In either case though, you'll be dealing with ass hats who take the game way too seriously.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Currently watching: X-Files, Shameless, Futurama
#17JavelinPosted 8/4/2013 2:32:45 PM
TC, read this first. It contains a lot of what a beginner should know:

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Pay no attention to the posters saying things like "last hitting takes no skill". These people do not play the game. Their opinions are invalid.
---
NOW PLAYING: Civilization V, Torchlight II, Dota 2
#18Garquille14Posted 8/4/2013 2:37:27 PM
play Awesomenauts instead
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#19svr2006gawdPosted 8/4/2013 2:38:39 PM
I love DoTA 2, but I can only play it with friends. I hate playing it alone.
---
i5 4670k 4.5 | EVGA GTX 780 3GB SC | Crucial Ballistic Sport 16GB | 2TB WD Caviar Black | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Asus 787-A | SeaSonic 750w | 27" 1440p
#20Tyranius2Posted 8/4/2013 2:52:37 PM
You guys are right, last hitting doesn't take skill.

Out last hitting your opponent however, is hard. Just like scoring a goal in soccer is easy if there's no goalkeeper, but add in a goalkeeper and defenders and then it's a whole other story.

HydroCannabinol and happyscrub, I'd love to see how you fare in DotA. If it doesn't take any skill as you say, surely you will do good.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[