This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I start playing Dota 2?

#21AskeladdPosted 8/4/2013 3:22:42 PM
TC, do you like farming? The first ten to fifteen minutes of a match for most roles and heroes is competitive farming. That is why I can't get into it. It just isn't fun for me.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#22DaedalusExPosted 8/4/2013 6:31:42 PM
HydroCannabinol posted...
Coming from WC3 and SC I have grown to hate MOBAs and their lack of true skill... a MOBA is basically a dumbed down RTS except you only control 1 unit and don't have to build your base rofl.

RTS requires much better coordination and multitasking abilities, sure, but MOBAs (particularly DOTA) have a much deeper meta game due to the sheer number of hero and item combinations. Even so, MOBAs may very well be "dumbed-down RTS," but that doesn't make them dumb games. DOTA still has a higher skill ceiling than nearly every other genre out there.
#23happyscrub1Posted 8/4/2013 7:05:00 PM(edited)
DaedalusEx posted...

RTS requires much better coordination and multitasking abilities, sure, but MOBAs (particularly DOTA) have a much deeper meta game due to the sheer number of hero and item combinations..

Just the word meta doesn't imply skill. It actually implies less skill because its a half step away from being "cookie cutter".
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#24KingsofroninPosted 8/4/2013 7:00:20 PM
There's a higher skill ceiling for games like Starcraft 2, but to diss mobas like that is pretty lame. Moba's are simple so mistakes mean more. And dont forget that RTS's are all about 1v1, so MOBA's are a lot better for someone who wants to be part of a team and craft team strat's. They both have their strengths and weakness's. So quit the dissing.
---
My set-up: BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Case | i5 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSi 670 TF 2GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz
League of Legends ID: Ligaea
#25happyscrub1Posted 8/4/2013 7:04:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]