This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pixel shader and vertex shader version?

#1CammyApplePosted 8/3/2013 8:55:56 PM
Trying to find out what version I have for the above.

"card" is ATI Radeon HD 4200.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#2JKatarnPosted 8/3/2013 9:16:29 PM
CammyApple posted...

Download and run GPU-Z, it will tell you. I believe it's a shader model 4/5 card, not entirely sure. It's a newer card so it should be compatible with any newer game, though honestly your performance isn't going to be that hot. Assuming you're not playing games on a laptop (and can afford a new card), any $100+ GPU would be a giant step up from that one.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#3CammyApple(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 9:21:02 PM
JKatarn posted...
CammyApple posted...

Download and run GPU-Z, it will tell you. I believe it's a shader model 4/5 card, not entirely sure. It's a newer card so it should be compatible with any newer game, though honestly your performance isn't going to be that hot. Assuming you're not playing games on a laptop (and can afford a new card), any $100+ GPU would be a giant step up from that one.

I found results that said 4.1 I think but wanted to be sure.

Was mostly curious if it would run Monaco without issue.

Been debating it. Also curious about Defiance but I don't think that would run at all.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#4JKatarnPosted 8/4/2013 2:26:48 PM
CammyApple posted...
JKatarn posted...
CammyApple posted...

I found results that said 4.1 I think but wanted to be sure.

Was mostly curious if it would run Monaco without issue.

Been debating it. Also curious about Defiance but I don't think that would run at all.

I'm fairly certain Monaco would work just fine as it's all 2D graphics, but even if Defiance will run, your experience will be far from optimal with that card. If you want some advice on possible upgrades (if you do that is), post your full specs (mobo etc.) and budget.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES