This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game that you'd describe as "immersive."

#71BlackWizardMagusPosted 8/4/2013 10:35:00 AM
I was going to try and help TC out, but apparantly what I call immersive or not-immersive is the complete opposite of what everyone else says. I find alot of these games to be...gamey. I'm either stopping to look things up, or I don't and then get mad because things don't make sense or I miss out because of something stupid. While I find JRPGs immersive because I have characters and plot and setting all at the forefront and I can play through most of the game without a guide and not feel screwed at the end (some exceptions apply).

But, I would repeat Silent Hill 2. Fantastic.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#72FroodjaklePosted 8/4/2013 10:40:51 AM
Wow, I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned Far Cry 3 yet. Easily one of the most immersive games I've played in recent memory.
---
PSN: Froodjakle
Currently playing: Etrian Oddysey IV, Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned, Prototype 2, Borderlands 2
#73SilentHawk29Posted 8/4/2013 10:49:57 AM
Just about every game I planned on listing has already been mentioned in this thread, even Shadowrun Returns. But, I haven't seen this one listed yet:

Diablo (first one)

BlackWizardMagus posted...
I was going to try and help TC out, but apparantly what I call immersive or not-immersive is the complete opposite of what everyone else says. I find alot of these games to be...gamey. I'm either stopping to look things up, or I don't and then get mad because things don't make sense or I miss out because of something stupid. While I find JRPGs immersive because I have characters and plot and setting all at the forefront and I can play through most of the game without a guide and not feel screwed at the end (some exceptions apply).

But, I would repeat Silent Hill 2. Fantastic.

Stop sucking at games, I guess. The only game that has been listed that you might actually even need a guide for is STALKER. Even then, it's a fun game just to wander around in.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#74RunetheKoopaPosted 8/4/2013 11:43:52 AM
Mafia. It's an old game, but it's very immersive and accurate to life in the '30s. There is a Mafia 2 that was released recently, but it's not as good.
---
Not changing this signature until Spyro and Crash Bandicoot go back to their roots.
#75DeityThing007Posted 8/4/2013 11:45:42 AM
Metro series. When I played 2033, I actually felt cold when the character went above ground at certain points. It's brilliant from beginning to end.
---
My goose is gettin' cooked...
#76synthetiksinPosted 8/4/2013 12:00:10 PM
Vanilla:
Fallout 1 and 2
Stalker
Planscape Torment
Hotline Miami
Modded:
Fallout 3 Wanderer's Edition
Fallout NV Project Nevada
#77InvisstalkerPosted 8/4/2013 12:00:39 PM
Deus Ex 1, Human Revolution
Diablo (first one)
Baldur's Gate II & expansion
The Witcher 1 & 2
Half Life 2
#78kyler45Posted 8/4/2013 12:03:36 PM
Skyrim with some immersion mods, and maybe an ENB or lighting overhaul.
---
Xbox Live: Kyler45
AC:CF 0605-3418-4438 Name: Kyler Town: Larova
#79uhohjonahPosted 8/4/2013 1:42:38 PM
Mount & Blade Warband and Shadow of the Colossus
---
Not changing this sig until Monster Hunter 4 comes out in US