This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Game Giveaway: Soldak Entertainment

#1jokujokujokuPosted 8/4/2013 9:20:54 AM
I have two copies each of Depths of Peril and Din's Curse (and its expansion) in my Steam inventory.

Both games are ARPGs (ala Diablo) with a fantasy setting. Both games are unique in the genre. And both games have dated graphics (with gameplay that makes up for it).

Depths of Peril (Soldak's first game) features a faction system. There are a number of factions that are competing with you to gain favor with the town. They do this the same way you do, by completing quests. The same quests as a matter of fact. So while you're off putzing around trying to clear a section of the map of all monsters, one of the rival factions may go off and kill a boss, gaining major influence over the town. But these factions need not always be competition. There is a diplomacy aspect to the game, and you can become allies with one or more of the factions, or go to war with them. To aid in the war aspect, you can recruit NPCs into your faction, acquire monsters to defend your base, and find artifacts that provide faction-wide bonuses.

Din's Curse is more traditional ARPG fare, but with more refined gameplay compared to Depths of Peril. What sets Din's Curse apart from games like Diablo are the consequences for your actions (or inactions). You may start a town with a quest to kill a boss that is planning an attack on the town. Not uncommon for this type of game. But if you take too long, the boss will actually attack the town. If you aren't there to defend it (stuck down in the dungeon) then NPCs will die. This and all the other dynamic elements in this game make the game world feel alive.

Honestly, there's too much going on with these games for me to adequately describe them.

So, I'm giving away two copies each of these games. But I'm not just going to be giving them away willy-nilly. I have some requirements.

1. Play the demos. I don't want to give the games away to someone who won't enjoy them. So make sure they're games you'll actually like before you ask for a copy. I recommend at least playing up until the level cap for the demos (I think it's level 10).

2. Vote for Drox Operative on Greenlight. Drox is Soldak's latest game. It takes many of the elements of the other two games and drops them in space with you playing a mercenary and several alien races playing a 4X game in the background. Check out the Greenlight page, vote for it, and leave a positive comment if it looks like a good game to you.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122180124

3. Send me a PM. Let me know which game you want (either Depths or Din's; one game per person). Let me know why you want it (what you liked about playing the demo). And let me know your Steam ID so I can add you and gift the game.

This is not necessarily going to be a first-come-first-serve deal. I won't even be checking my PMs today. So feel free to take your time with the demos.
#2Po-RayuPosted 8/4/2013 10:10:27 AM
I just sent you two pms because I couldn't fit my message on one. Thanks!
---
"Bite The Bullet" (2010) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKVEcnE17Zg
#3thebladeofwoePosted 8/4/2013 10:47:02 AM
I messaged you. My phone is being an ass, will vote on greenlight game after.

You are a lovely human being. (and yes.. Flirting)
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#4uhohjonahPosted 8/4/2013 1:55:32 PM
PM'd
---
Not changing this sig until Monster Hunter 4 comes out in US
#5Spidey555Posted 8/4/2013 4:47:01 PM
Got any left? Been waiting to play those!
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
#6AraphosPosted 8/4/2013 5:05:53 PM
These games are pretty meh, so hopefully only people who actually want to play these pm'd the OP.
#7profDEADPOOLPosted 8/4/2013 7:34:07 PM
tagging this for when I try the demo tomorrow.
---
Pull List(trades in quote)-Hawkguy, Young Avengers, X-Men Legacy, FF, C&XF, GA, Larfleeze, JL 3000, Revival, Saga, Sex Criminals and Quantum and Woody
#8jokujokujoku(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 8:28:37 PM(edited)
Spidey555 posted...
Got any left? Been waiting to play those!

I haven't given any out yet. I probably won't until tomorrow.

Araphos posted...
These games are pretty meh, so hopefully only people who actually want to play these pm'd the OP.

That's why I made playing the demos a requirement. Not because they're meh, mind you; they're quite good despite their flaws. But rather I knew that these were games that not everyone would be into, if not for the graphics alone.
#9profDEADPOOLPosted 8/5/2013 4:01:58 AM
Well the demos keep crashing for me. Ah whatever.
---
Pull List(trades in quote)-Hawkguy, Young Avengers, X-Men Legacy, FF, C&XF, GA, Larfleeze, JL 3000, Revival, Saga, Sex Criminals and Quantum and Woody
#10jokujokujoku(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 4:21:16 AM
For some reason the demos on Steam give some people problems, yet the full games will work fine. The solution that seems to work for everyone is to download the demo directly from the developer's site:
soldak.com