This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My gaming capture card is no longer working! Help!

#1Dipping_sticksPosted 8/4/2013 11:12:29 AM
I have had an El Gato Game Capture HD since 2012 of November. Has worked flawlessly. Even since yesterday.

Until today. Turns out that my Laptop(Lenovo Y580 with Windows 8) no longer recognizes The El Gato. I have 3 USB cords, and 4 USB ports.

For all USB cords, and for all USB ports, all my laptop states is "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it" for the El Gato only.

I tried calling tech support for it, but they just told me that they'd send me an e-mail and i'd have to get an a replacement(I haven't gotten the e-mail yet). Is there anything else I can do?

Some notes: When I go to device manager, it recognizes the El Gato only as "other devices". Under "other devices" it states unknown device. And when I click it, it states

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". In the details section, it states
"USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE"
#2darktemplar20Posted 8/4/2013 11:20:07 AM
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for it yet? Have you gone online to see if they have updated drivers for the device?
---
http://steamcard.com/do/original/darktemplar20.png
#3Dipping_sticks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 11:24:57 AM
darktemplar20 posted...
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for it yet? Have you gone online to see if they have updated drivers for the device?

Yes, and yes.
#4DerPancakePosted 8/4/2013 12:04:08 PM
Try using the Roxio HD pro.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt