This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which computer should I go for?

#1JohnnyKoochPosted 8/4/2013 2:17:33 PM
I'm in the market for a brand new PC, since upgrading isn't working for me.
I'm sort of in between these two PC's;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227477
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220257

I know what good specs look like, but I'm not good with the details.
For example, the iBuy 8-core processor PC is cheaper than the Quad Asus,
I'm just wondering why?
Is it because the lack of Windows 8 and a lesser GPU?
Or is an 8-core just not as cool as I'm thinking it to be?

I'm just wondering CPU-wise, which one is more worth it now and the long run?
I'm not too worried about PSU, RAM, and GPU, it's an easy fix, and I'd prefer to have Windows 7, unless 8 has better resource management...??
If anyone knows of a PC under or around 600 also, then I'd take suggestions.
#2svr2006gawdPosted 8/4/2013 2:20:07 PM
Why not try your hand at building one yourself?
---
i5 2500k SB 3.3 | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | AsRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | Antec 550w | ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080p
#3JohnnyKooch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 2:23:19 PM
svr2006gawd posted...

The one I'm using now was built, but things always just go wrong,
so I'm just sort of looking for a fresh one.
#4daemon_danPosted 8/4/2013 2:28:23 PM
Lol @ that ibuypower computer.
Type: Gaming and entertainment.
GT610
Gaming
LOL
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#5JohnnyKooch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 2:29:42 PM
Well does anyone have any build recommendations? -.-
#6svr2006gawdPosted 8/4/2013 2:33:52 PM(edited)
JohnnyKooch posted...
svr2006gawd posted...

Things go wrong for a reason. Whether it's because of hardware or software based on your actions, or if a part simply comes in DoA. That's no reason to be discouraged. Give us your MAX budget and if you need any peripherals like a mouse, keyboard, or monitor, and I promise you we can put together something much better than either of those 2 PC's for you. Also, what is your primary use for the PC? Will it be gaming, business, or what?
---
i5 2500k SB 3.3 | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | AsRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | Antec 550w | ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080p
#7JohnnyKooch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 2:38:46 PM
svr2006gawd posted...
JohnnyKooch posted...
svr2006gawd posted...

Things go wrong for a reason. Whether it's because of hardware or software based on your actions, or if a part simply comes in DoA. That's no reason to be discouraged. Give us your MAX budget and if you need any peripherals like a mouse, keyboard, or monitor, and I promise you we can put together something much better than either of those 2 PC's for you. Also, what is your primary use for the PC? Will it be gaming, business, or what?

Well thanks.
And yes, primary use will be gaming, maybe some music editing but not that much, and just basic tasks for now. I've already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse, and a case I suppose, but I think I want a new case regardless.
The reason I wanted a PC from Newegg is because I have $120 store credit there, so a 550 dollar computer would only be 400 something, etc. But my max, I'd say would be 600. Maybe a little over. Maybe. A little.
#8svr2006gawdPosted 8/4/2013 2:49:40 PM
JohnnyKooch posted...
svr2006gawd posted...
JohnnyKooch posted...
svr2006gawd posted...

Well thanks.
And yes, primary use will be gaming, maybe some music editing but not that much, and just basic tasks for now. I've already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse, and a case I suppose, but I think I want a new case regardless.
The reason I wanted a PC from Newegg is because I have $120 store credit there, so a 550 dollar computer would only be 400 something, etc. But my max, I'd say would be 600. Maybe a little over. Maybe. A little.

You can order all of the parts you need from Newegg separately. So you're looking at $600 max with the credit, or without?
---
i5 4670k 4.5 | EVGA GTX 780 3GB SC | Crucial Ballistic Sport 16GB | 2TB WD Caviar Black | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Asus 787-A | SeaSonic 750w | 27" 1440p
#9JohnnyKooch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 2:51:28 PM
svr2006gawd posted...
JohnnyKooch posted...
svr2006gawd posted...
JohnnyKooch posted...
svr2006gawd posted...

Well thanks.

You can order all of the parts you need from Newegg separately. So you're looking at $600 max with the credit, or without?

About 600-650 max including the 120 dollar credit. So 500 US dollars or around there without the credit.
#10DerPancakePosted 8/4/2013 3:42:50 PM(edited)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1oeIR

Here is the best build I could come up with.

You will be able to use your Newegg credit in some of them. While the rest are on the cheapest place you could get that part right now.

Honestly I think I went over your budget by a lot if you include the taxes lol.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt